Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

How often do we raise the flop here

PrimoVictor Posts: 56Subscriber
edited November 8 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
'ello Lords and Lasses of the felt!

How often do we raise this flop in comparison to just flatting?

$2/$3 NLHE at Seven Mile in San Diego
Hero $300 with 6 6 on the BTN

UTG raises to $15, MP1/CO call, and Hero calls. SB and bb fold.

($60) Flop: K 7 6

UTG bets $25, CO calls, and Hero???

I am probably steamed up still over the result but I am genuinely curious. :r: flop and only two probable draws with 54 or 89. Two opponents so how often do we raise versus calling?
Tagged:

Comments

• GrinddaddyGrinddaddy Posts: 31Subscriber
    with two callers i say raise about over half the time to much value you could be missing out on, right??
  • kaboojie Posts: 204Subscriber
    I’m not sure what optimal strategy would be here, but I’d prob raise/flat close to 50/50. If it was 4 way I’d raise close to 100% of the time. If there were 2 suits on board, I’d also raise close to 100%.
  • PrimoVictor Posts: 56Subscriber
    kaboojie said:
    I’m not sure what optimal strategy would be here, but I’d prob raise/flat close to 50/50. If it was 4 way I’d raise close to 100% of the time. If there were 2 suits on board, I’d also raise close to 100%.
    Yeah I figured it was a very safe board so calling in position wouldn't look like much strength at all and really disguise my hand strength. I agree if an extra person was in the hand I would probably raise to $85-100 range.

• pray4blank Posts: 135Subscriber
    edited November 9
    Experience has taught me that UTG PFR then Cbet of less than 1/2 pot is often not a hand he's very excited about (or occasionally KK). This should probably be weighted more heavily towards a flat. Your raise, at worst says K, and I'm not sure either of these people have a strong K to call you down with.

Probably raising a lot of turns or 4/5th potting if checked to.
  • CycleV Posts: 666Subscriber
    Def raise it up. You can make it look like a weak attempt at a free river card if you just over min click it to 60 or 65. Who's gonna fold a K at that price? And we should be in good shape to gii by the river.
  • workinghard Posts: 1,496Subscriber
    stack sizes are such that you can raise the flop and bet turn and river with sizes reasonable to get it in. waiting to raise turn makes your hand look stronger. a lot of times, people will bet flop then check turn so you would miss out anyways on an option to raise turn.
    so, pfr bets $25, one caller, you raise flop to $70, they both call. Turn now has $270 with $215 stack sizes. Depending on turn card, you can bet anywhere from $100 to all in very easily and definitely get it in on river.
    In contrast, say you call flop. Turn has $135. PFR bets $70, co calls, you go all in for $215, that looks much stronger than raising flop.

If starting stacks were deeper, say $600, then I like waiting to raise turn more as that allows us to naturally get more money in.
  • Chester Drafman Posts: 11Subscriber
    In a 2/3 game I'd be raising this about 75% of the time. He did bet small but some rec. players don't understand bet sizing.
  • BartBart Posts: 5,364AdministratorLeadPro
    Why not raise to $50-$60? Can't see why flatting is going to be the right play here all that often. Bart