Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

A543 2p+OESD

1/2/5. One limp (clueless rec, irrelevant). NLHE pro (covers) raises to 15 in CO, I call otb ($600) A543 sooted diamonds to the ace. BB ($300) ag-tard rich dope makes it 45, 2 calls, I call closing action.

Flop ($185) A63cc. (I have one club blocker in hand.) Ace is a club. 2 checks, CO bets 125.

Is the plan to call here, fold on clubs, a 6, or a BW card where CO keeps firing? Or do we want to jam here to fold out his 1p Axxx hands/non-nutted FDs?
Tagged:

Comments

• Beatsme Posts: 554Subscriber
    edited November 11
    Man maybe im really nitty preflop... but i would just muck pre. Hard to flop well enough with this hand to pile in the money.

I think this flop illustrates it pretty well. A pretty good flop for our hand but we still are unsure what to do. Visibility is bad here. Other than a non club 2 or 7. Any card over a 7 could make our 2 pair no good. I think if we call pre with this hand we have to repot in this flop.
  • chilidog Posts: 2,422Subscriber
    Just to make sure : this is a plo hand right ?
    (Not plo8)
  • BartBart Posts: 5,415AdministratorLeadPro
    If this is PLO8 you can probably peel one to this bet and hope for a non club 2 or 7 or an ace or 3. Bart
  • CycleV Posts: 679Subscriber
    Just plo high. No O8 in my neck of the woods.

• High__Rolla Posts: 731Subscriber
    I'm also not a big fan of this hand preflop in a 3bet pot, but you kinda got priced in being in position.

I think BB is almost never checking a set or big hand here after 3betting preflop. The field caller hasn't shown interest in the hand yet.

The CO passed up an opportunity to 4bet preflop so he is unlikely to have aces. His opening range preflop should not have many 66xx or 33xx hands in it. He should also have very few wraps here as a pro since it would take 754x or 542x, and I doubt he opens with those hands much. Would he stab here with something like AKxx? He definitely has A6xx, A3xx, Kcc, and Axxx with clubs in his range. If we give him a top 25% range with sets, aces up, and NFDs in propokertools, you have about 50% equity:

25%:66!AA, 25%:33!AA66, 25%:A6!AA66, 25%:A3!AA33, 25%:kcc

Since you can pot here and basically go all-in, I'd go for it. If you GII heads up against this range, you have coin flip with an overlay. If his range is much wider, you may have some fold equity. Shipping also may force out the other two opponents who would call a smaller bet with equity, such as a FD.

• CycleV Posts: 679Subscriber
    Tx for the reply @High_Rolla. My thoughts pretty much mirrored yours. If the pot had been 3! before getting to me it's an easy muck, but as the action went, it was what it was.
  • Chase Posts: 60Subscriber
    With an SPR less than 4, I'm going to ship. Would be much tougher spot with an SPR between 4-8.