Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Bet fold river?

symposiast Posts: 14Subscriber
edited November 2018 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
J T in BB (I'm eff with $425). Agro 50’s Asian guy in a bmw Motorsport windbreaker opens the c/0 to $15. Button calls. I call.

Flop K 8 9. I check. Villain bets $20. Button folds. I call.

Turn 6. Check. Check.

River 9. I bet $50. He raises to $150.

Hero???

Lead the turn???
Tagged:

Comments

• symposiast Posts: 14Subscriber
    Sorry guys. This is a $1/3 hand.
  • Sonny Posts: 390Subscriber
    edited November 2018
    I think its very close but I'm leaning towards a call here. I think its very possible hes over playing a worse hand. A lot of players will feel better about AA or AK once the board pairs. Now they don't have to worry about loosing to two pair. Also since he's opening the cutoff he could be wide here and have some sort of trip 9's... A9 or 10,9. Depending on how wide he is he could sometimes even have a straight here, possibly a worse flush. I'm not making this call against a tight player, but if you say hes pretty aggro and hes regularly in the mix, I'd go with that read. If you plan on bet/folding this river though I'd probably be leading smaller, like $30 maybe?
    Yes, I probably would more often than not lead the turn.
    by 1CycleV
  • CycleV Posts: 967Subscriber
    Sonny said:

And... I see you're new here. Not to be a snowflake, but lots of Asain players and coaches are active here on CLP, and beyond that this is a friendly community and I personally don't care for certain unnecessary language. Unless you know this guys name is actually "Jong", I would probably reccomend editing it to just "my opponent" or "villain".
    I immediately had the same thought about the, ahem, well we can pretend it is a guy's name and give OP the benefit of the doubt?
    Yeah. That’s his name.
    I cut and paste this from my personal session notes where I use the names of the villains. Edited the first instance to give a description, but kept the second. I do take the point that “villain” or “opponent” is perhaps better in that it’s anonymous.
    by 1Sonny
  • Beatsme Posts: 585Subscriber
    Not sure what the eff stacks are in the hand but this spot looks good for a flop x/r... this will fold out all his A high type hands and prob his lower pairs as well.

As played yes I like a lead ott when we make our flush... super exploitable but prob the best way to play it at 1/3. I think villain checks this back way too often.

Im fine with the bet/call here on the river. I think we have the best hand here often enough to make this call.
    edited November 2018
    Yeah, I agree that it's very close. I figure he has all of the A X (X = 2,3,4,5,7,8,Q) combos, and very few of the weaker flush combos (5 8, 4 5.

Also, since the board is pretty connected, some of his two pair hands that would check back the flush card turn fill up on the river. 89, K9

It seems that this player knows that if he's raising river he's turning anything weaker than the nut flush into a bluff.

Idk about him, but I'd consider taking this line if I had the A with a 9 or weaker.
  • FuzzypupFuzzypup Posts: 2,316Subscriber
    call.