Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Ki vs Chris Klodnicki in a 3bet pot

MrSpecial Posts: 303Subscriber
edited December 3 in Fast Track Poker Videos
Hi @KiLee,

really enjoying all of your videos Ki, but I do have a question about the one vs Klodnicki.

You assigned him a range that is closer to what you would 3bet from the CO, therefore a rather optimal range. I have noticed similar ranging in other videos. Don't you feel you should range him tighter, as you mentioned a few times, that he is rather tight and I would assume straightforward?

If this is the case, would he really be 3betting polar here? I would believe his range is going to be more linear.

Shouldn't we always feed the solver with more realistic ranges as it already pretty hard in itself to interpret the solver results, as the solver will play optimally with the settings given, but no villain ever comes close to this?

Hope my question is understandable.

Cheers

Comments

• KiLeeKiLee Posts: 207Pro
    It is important to assign realistic ranges. In my best estimation, I did think that Chris will have the range that I assigned him. He is tight for vpiping in general, but he's tight aggressive and I expect him to have a standard 3b range. What made you assume that he's 3betting linear here?
  • MrSpecial Posts: 303Subscriber
    @KiLee thanks for the reply.

I have seen him play and on latb and honestly had the impression that he is very tight and not creative. I felt he would never bluff preflop, other than maybe partials of A5s/A4s, and would mainly 3! Very top range heavy.
    Then when I saw your range it felt very much like the Range you advised for 3! and thus I felt that you are ranging him more with your fast track range, rather than a realistic super top heavy and unbalanced 3! Range.
  • KiLeeKiLee Posts: 207Pro
    edited December 6
    MrSpecial said:
    @KiLee thanks for the reply.

I have seen him play and on latb and honestly had the impression that he is very tight and not creative. I felt he would never bluff preflop, other than maybe partials of A5s/A4s, and would mainly 3! Very top range heavy.
    Then when I saw your range it felt very much like the Range you advised for 3! and thus I felt that you are ranging him more with your fast track range, rather than a realistic super top heavy and unbalanced 3! Range.
    I'm not sure how many episodes you have watched him play in, but from the few sessions that I've played with him and the sessions that I watched, I got a sense that he does 3bet a pretty standard range that is not just QQ+/AK/AQs+ I will adjust the ranges vs villains who I think deviate quite a bit from the standard ranges. Here I thought that Chris had more of a standard range from my experience with him.
    @mrSpecial
  • MrSpecial Posts: 303Subscriber
    Ok, thank you for the info.