Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Turned backdoor nut flushes general question

lately I have had a lot of backdoor nut flushes as the pfr. Issue is either I am up against a very straightforward player who has a very narrow range or a calling station. I have been checking back these in position and just taking a free card because I don’t feel like I am going to get a nitty player off of top pair or a calling station of their hand. I would almost rather have the sation in the hand becuase of river bluff card potential.

Anyways what do you all do in these spots?
Tagged:

Comments

• Xboblove Posts: 120Member
    The problem with backdoors is equity realization. If you're sure you're not going to get blown off the hand with a bet, play the front door equity and don't fret it. When you get there you can always river value bet.

Conversely, against nit ranges, stations and passive types, the problem is the same but execution is different. The backdoor equity will be what gets you paid when equity is realized so the goal is to not bleed off your stack chasing losing spots into nut ranges with fringe equity. This is a good place for a small ball strategy with a more linear range.
  • FuzzypupFuzzypup Posts: 2,446Subscriber
    Betting or Xing depends on the board, opponent, stacks, and fold equity.

Sometimes I bet sometimes I X. Read it the turn card helps you make him fold or helps him

J82ssc 9c. When I have A2cc is A. For example
    872ssc Kc i would bet generally
  • ThehammahThehammah Posts: 7,086Subscriber
    Fuzzy

For example a couple of weeks ago I was playing with a generally tight player that when he calls the flop his worst value hand is top pair and good kicker. The turn gave me more outs with a straight draw and I bet again only to get check raised. Against him this week I just checked back the turn when I got more equity expecting if I hit to be able to bet larger on the river if I hit.

There is another player who is so wide I can barrel him off on certain turn cards...

thanks guys. Guess not much I can improve here as it looks we are all in agreement
  • irwinbetirwinbet Posts: 383Subscriber
    I would recommend listening to CLP Podcast 224 "Double Barrel Complexities" which covers this situation.
  • FuzzypupFuzzypup Posts: 2,446Subscriber
    Thehammah said:
    Fuzzy

For example a couple of weeks ago I was playing with a generally tight player that when he calls the flop his worst value hand is top pair and good kicker. The turn gave me more outs with a straight draw and I bet again only to get check raised. Against him this week I just checked back the turn when I got more equity expecting if I hit to be able to bet larger on the river if I hit.

There is another player who is so wide I can barrel him off on certain turn cards...

thanks guys. Guess not much I can improve here as it looks we are all in agreement
    Perfect example and perfect reason to bet or X here. I was on the phone and I hate that it autocorrects so fucked up. The player tendencies also matter as you said above.
  • hustlin Posts: 309Subscriber
    Against stations that are sticky, a 3 barrel bluff is quite effective if the board is draw heavy. You will get folds by the river quite often.

Against narrow ranges and when I pick up equity on the turn. I may just check back and hope to hit.