Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Tricky spot with AA

2/5 deep stacked game
I just lost a pot and am waiting for the button to reload
This hand im the eff stack at 600ish
7 handed
Both villains are loose and splashy

I raise utg 20 with A A
V1 calls next to act
CO calls
V2 calls from the button
bb calls

Flop (100) Q J T
bb checks
I bet 55
V1 calls
V2 calls

3 way to turn
Turn (265) K
Should we still be betting here?
in game I check
V1 bets 85
V2 calls
I call... I don't like folding for this price. I think raising here would be an overplay. Do you agree?

River (520) K
I check
V1 bets 340
V2 calls
Hero? Should we over call here?

Comments

• JLBJ Posts: 140Subscriber
    Fold. I like the way you played the hand up to this point as well. Turn is a definite check.

Really feels like a flush is out there, and the best you can do is chop.
  • JustDave Posts: 1Subscriber
    As played I would fold. Not seeing what hands you can beat there. Tons of flushes and since you don't have the A you don't block the NFD.
  • BartBart Posts: 5,700AdministratorLeadPro
    Def a fold on river.. I would also consider checking the flop. Would be interesting to see your equity vs 4 players with reasonable ranges here. Also, you really don't gain a whole lot of information by betting (not that that is why we bet but a positive side effect) as many players may proceed on this board cautiously thinking that you have AK and are trapping. Bart
  • FuzzypupFuzzypup Posts: 2,287Subscriber
    vs I do think this is a flop check. a 2 flush 3 straight board is the worse one can see for our hand vs 4 players.

If this board was 987ssc would we bet it? If not then why bet the flop. We are OOP vs 3 on an incredibly dangerous board that mostly hits 2 players ranges. Since we have 2 aces it's far less likely they have an Ax paint hand. Which now leans them on having a big draw, 2 pair, or some hand you can't get value from. Only 6 combos of AQ here.

As played XF river. Get more chips.
  • Letmewin1 Posts: 1,238Member
    Check flop seems best, fold turn
    AP
    Fold river
  • Beatsme Posts: 580Subscriber
    thanks for the feed back...
    Spoiler:
    in game I fold... V1 tables J9o and V2 wins with A8o... made me rethink the hand. But hafter thinking about it I still agree with everyone that this spot is a fold