Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Old Hand vs David Chan Quads Should I 3 bet river?

BartBart Posts: 5,631AdministratorLeadPro
edited December 2018 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
So I was going through the process of updating the curriculum and found a gem of a hand that is in the episode "Why so much" it starts at 31:00 in here:

http://www.crushlivepoker.com/podcasts/why-so-much

$5700 effective. $5-$10 Hollywood Park Daytime

UTG +1 Limps, +2 limps, V1 limps MP1, CO limps, button (old guy $850) raises to $55. I call sb 5 5. 3 callers. 5 ways.

$275 FLOP: 8 5 3

I lead $175, fold, fold, V1 calls, Button calls.

$800 TURN: 4

Check, V1 $300, button calls, I call.

$1700 RIVER: 5

I lead $650, V1 raises to $1700, button folds.. Me?

Comments

• maphacks Posts: 1,976Subscriber
    edited December 2018
    Call. I think 88 ALWAYS raises pre, 44 fold flop, 33 might just call river.

A2hh and 76hh make perfect sense.
  • wildncrazyguywildncrazyguy Posts: 415Subscriber
    Huh? Are you aaking if you should reraise w quads? Also why didnt u chk to pf raiser? Good spot to chk raise flop.
  • BartBart Posts: 5,631AdministratorLeadPro
    wildncrazyguy said:
    Huh? Are you aaking if you should reraise w quads? Also why didnt u chk to pf raiser? Good spot to chk raise flop.
    Yes I am asking you if we should re raise quads. Because it seems to be like the answer is a clear no. IF you go back and listen to the podcast episode I give my thoughts as to why I did not check raise. Pf raiser was on button and was the type to not cbet with air, and there were many people in the middle. Bart
  • ClockClock Posts: 1,082Subscriber
    edited December 2018
    It's obviously a very unique situation.
    I understand the reason for not wanting to 3bet the river, but what are the chances of very good, aggro player ever not raising flop with 7 6 or even A 2 in limped pot?
    I think chances of that are very small, so it's basicaly a question what's more likely - that or that he might level himself into calling with some boat or decide to play 88 tricky/slow pre??

I dunno..it's pretty close. And most players (even very good ones) often don't fold boats, so...