Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Min raised turn with nut combo draw on paired board

hams utg in 5/5 raises to 20 w A5ss. three callers 1500 effective w main villain he is hard to describe. kinda clueless

flop Qs32s. me 45 next to act calls vil calls fourth player folds.

turn 3c. me 120 fold and now vil raises to 240. i call.

first of all what range do you put vil on?

river 4d. i check and vil tanks bets 400.

hams?
Tagged:

Comments

• 292YBlock Posts: 94Subscriber
    edited December 2018
    You said he's clueless, could the min raise be a bet for info, to see where he's at? He should have lots of queens...maybe Q J suited, also A 3 / K3 suited are possibilities
  • BartBart Posts: 5,959AdministratorLeadPro
    Well,

I actually think turn is close some people might place this as a showdown raise with a queen. Depending on villain and if you think you have fold equity vs a Q I may 3 bet turn.

For these reasons, I actually would lead river as many queens check back. But since you checked and he now bombed I think this is a 3 a ton. Yes he could have deuces full, but that assumes just the over call flop and raise on turn when he boats up (not super consistent). I check ship this river, but probly would have lead river. Bart
  • KiLeeKiLee Posts: 262Pro
    I think I agree Bart for the most part, but I don't see calling flop and then raising the turn as a showdown raise all that often. It is a min-raise, but I think Qx is more likely to min raise the flop. I lean towards calling the turn.
    On the river I do like XRAI. Again, for the reasons that I don't expect the V to have Qx all that much, I lean towards a XRAI on the river..
  • BartBart Posts: 5,959AdministratorLeadPro
    KiLee said:
    I think I agree Bart for the most part, but I don't see calling flop and then raising the turn as a showdown raise all that often. It is a min-raise, but I think Qx is more likely to min raise the flop. I lean towards calling the turn.
    On the river I do like XRAI. Again, for the reasons that I don't expect the V to have Qx all that much, I lean towards a XRAI on the river..
    If you think that the turn is almost always a three + then the play would be to check on the river. Wendy will be calling this one in as the first hand of the call-in show this week. Bart