Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Fast Track Poker No. 16 "Preflop Version 2.0"

BartBart Posts: 5,555AdministratorLeadPro
edited December 2018 in Fast Track Poker Videos
An updated version of Ki's comprehensive guide to preflop play.

http://www.crushlivepoker.com/curriculum/preflop-2.0
Tagged:

Comments

• MrO Posts: 61Subscriber
    edited December 2018
    Ki, in your first video I see ALL your ranges in poker cruncher will we have the opportunity to see those? You said you will be making the ranges downloadable.
  • BartBart Posts: 5,555AdministratorLeadPro
    MrO said:
    Ki, in your first video I see ALL your ranges in poker cruncher will we have the opportunity to see those? You said you will be making the ranges downloadable.
    Yes. I have delivered the charts to one of our admins. It should be up shortly. Bart

by 1MrO
    How do you get the multiple colors in poker cruncher? Can it only be done on the mac app not the mobile version?
    MrO said:
    How do you get the multiple colors in poker cruncher? Can it only be done on the mac app not the mobile version?
    Most likely. The Mac version is much much more comprehensive that the mobile, which is sort of just like a poker stove app. Bart
    by 1MrO
  • kiderino Posts: 50Subscriber
    Bart are the charts up yet?
    Bart said:
    It only links to the fast track videos. Are they in a PDF somewhere too?
    MrO said:
    Bart said:
    It only links to the fast track videos. Are they in a PDF somewhere too?
    Yes the PDF files are on the first three video pages of that module. Look for the words “with preflop charts” in the title. Open those episodes and the pdf links are below the player. Bart
  • FreeLunch Posts: 1,292Pro
    @Ki If someone only had to memorize the charts for only 2 spots - which spots would you recommend? I'll put my view in the spoiler but this has come up in PLO where ranges are harder for people to visualize and I think I have a decent argument but want to know your thoughts

Spoiler:

So my thought is we should memorize UTG and CO opening ranges. IMV if you are in a game where the button and blind opens are something you see a lot you probably should switch games. If people stay closer to UTG then cutoff when in between its not a horrible mistake. Its easy to talk about adjusting to "more like UTG "" or more like CO "when we talk about how different table dynamics make us shift our ranges.
  • dpbuckdpbuck Posts: 1,961SubscriberProfessional
    @KiLee @Bart Are the ranges available in text format for importing into Cruncher, Equilab, etc.? Figured I'd ask before I spent the time manually creating myself...
    by 1MrO
    dpbuck said:
    @KiLee @Bart Are the ranges available in text format for importing into Cruncher, Equilab, etc.? Figured I'd ask before I spent the time manually creating myself...
    You should ping Ki.
    @KiLee I would love your whole Poker Cruncher ranges exported so I can import them into mine :D
  • KiLeeKiLee Posts: 223Pro
    @freelunch, I'm not sure how to answer that... I haven't thought of it in that manner. It's hard for me to decide that memorizing one range is more important than another.. Sorry that I couldn't give a solid answer
    @DPbuck and @MrO - If you noticed for continuing ranges, It's 3betting and flatting ranges merged into one. And it's not exact (the yellow hands are mostly 3bet, the orange hands are partially 3bet, and the green hands are mostly flatted). And to get the desired color codes for the video, I manipulated the % of combos and individual suits selected, which doesn't reflect the exact percentages of 3B vs flat(if that makes sense) In order for you to import the ranges, you'd need 3betting AND flatting ranges. And I haven't put together separate ranges yet. It's just merged into one just as you see them on the PDF file. Let me think about this and also discuss with Bart as to whether we want to have the exact combos for each configuration in text format.
  • dpbuckdpbuck Posts: 1,961SubscriberProfessional
    Thanks for the response @KiLee. That does make sense that you had sort of a merged set for flatting and 3betting, and those don't have a clear-cut range.
    @KiLee I'm adding the charts in poker cruncher now, but if I want to make them merged like you have then it throws off the ranges. As when I use them I'd have to change all or be 100% weighted or have a ton of different ranges. What's the best practice? Thinking about just making a flat/3bet range with 100% weight for them all. So all would be yellow in PC.
    MrO said:
    @KiLee I'm adding the charts in poker cruncher now, but if I want to make them merged like you have then it throws off the ranges. As when I use them I'd have to change all or be 100% weighted or have a ton of different ranges. What's the best practice? Thinking about just making a flat/3bet range with 100% weight for them all. So all would be yellow in PC.
    @MrO
    In practice you would need to make separate ranges for 3betting and flatting. It doesn't work when you merge them together. That was for visual purposes for the site.
    If you are looking for the exact ranges for flatting and 3betting, I haven't created them yet. First, it's not an exact range. A lot of hands overlap(they are flatted as well as 3bet) and the freuqnecies of 3betting or flatting are also not fixed but they vary depending on various factors. I didn't want to put out a hard, fixed range for 3betting and flatting because they are not really concrete.
    What I do is- when I want to put in a range in PC or Pio, I look at the continuing chart and then manually input the ranges depending on the particular variables for the hand(table is loose or tight, V calls or folds a lot, stack depth, etc)
    by 1MrO