Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Crush Live Poker Podcast No. 326 "Poker Roots"

BartBart Posts: 5,828AdministratorLeadPro
This week Bart discusses a simple hand dealing with a gapped suited connector vs a large losing player that leads him into a discussion of his poker "roots". How much of a preflop deviation should we make to get into pots versus losing players? He also answers several questions that subscribers have posted in the forums recently.

http://www.crushlivepoker.com/podcasts/poker-roots
Tagged:

Comments

• Superpower034 Posts: 1Subscriber
    You mentioned Cherokee and Ashville NC during podcast. I will say that Cherokee hosts 2 Wsop Circuit events every year and they create amazingly good cash games. I have been traveled down from Cleveland every November for the last 4 years and it is always a very profitable trip.
  • BartBart Posts: 5,828AdministratorLeadPro
    Superpower034 said:
    You mentioned Cherokee and Ashville NC during podcast. I will say that Cherokee hosts 2 Wsop Circuit events every year and they create amazingly good cash games. I have been traveled down from Cleveland every November for the last 4 years and it is always a very profitable trip.
    Nice! Thanks.. Bart
  • PotLuckNeeded Posts: 55Subscriber
    Thank you for reinforcing how money is made, especially at the lower limits. If there is a VIP willing to.go broke on 1 pair, I'm looking for any reasonable. excuse. to mix it up.
  • kaboojiekaboojie Posts: 360Subscriber
    @Bart A lot of the games I play in consist of weaker players so this podcast is very helpful. Along the same lines, lately I've been thinking it's good to iso raise pots ip where there are multiple limpers with off suit broadway hands that I would normally fold (KJo, ATo) I'm curious if you think this is a good idea. If so, are these cusp hands in these situations or do you think we could iso even weaker?

My games are typically 100bbs eff with some of the weaker players playing shorter. Thanks for any feedback.
  • BartBart Posts: 5,828AdministratorLeadPro
    edited January 6
    kaboojie said:
    @Bart A lot of the games I play in consist of weaker players so this podcast is very helpful. Along the same lines, lately I've been thinking it's good to iso raise pots ip where there are multiple limpers with off suit broadway hands that I would normally fold (KJo, ATo) I'm curious if you think this is a good idea. If so, are these cusp hands in these situations or do you think we could iso even weaker?

My games are typically 100bbs eff with some of the weaker players playing shorter. Thanks for any feedback.
    Yes those are pretty good cusp hands. I will have a better handle of this question as I am going in to play about 15hours of 5-5 $1k cap today and tomorrow at the Bike. But I certainly plan on isoing KJ and ATos from LP vs two limpers. We will see.. Bart