Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Crush Live Poker Podcast No 327 No. "Journey Into 5-5 Vol 1"

BartBart Posts: 5,555AdministratorLeadPro
This week Bart begins his journey into the world of LA 5-5. He talks about what he learned in his first few sessions with limped pots, value, bomb pots and where he spewed as a triple barrel in some hands.
Tagged:

Comments

• CycleV Posts: 708Subscriber
    I like the concept, thanks for doing this. It'll be interesting to see after a month or so, what adjustments you would make if playing regularly in these stakes. Sounds like your first one was paying attention to stack depth, which in some ways is ldo, but as you found, in games where stacks are so mixed, it's important to be hyper-aware.
  • MrO Posts: 61Subscriber
    Really looking forward to this series.
    1. Once you get configs for PiO if you could share I'm looking into buying a laptop too. I talked to you in slack about it.
    2. Was the person NOT wanting to do the straddle a rec, pro or just a grumpy OMC? Like people have said countless times how bad that is for the game.
    3. Your set of 5s the ace on the river scares a lot of people with QQ and KK, but how many Ax are you going to have in your range there with a lot of action in the flop? A7s,A4s,A6s?? But they don't think of it like that just what's on the board.
    4. When you had JJ and 3! Was 3x IP that's small?
    5. I know retain LATB commentator table select a lot, so they have to go back to the cap. Think they are doing this for the game or to protect their profits sometimes?
    6. When you click back to 260 on AJ9 with JJ. You say to PiO says to min raise on paired boards when OP with your continuation range. I never min raise I always thought it was weak on boards like this.
    7. You kinda have to show bluffs? So they pay you off later or do you think most are not paying that close attention? I at least pay attention to people that can play back at me or only raise with the nuts.
  • MCT6666 Posts: 1Subscriber
    For the silver situation I would strongly recommend getting a desktop pc. There are guides online that are better but basically just pick your budget, max out on ram, get maybe a slightly upgraded cpu, then whatever is left just fill with kinda stock specs for the remaining budget (there are a bunch of good guides that recommend one or two motherboards etc for each total budget). If you want to access the thing on the go you can easily set it up to let you remotely run simulations and get the results on you pc. It would be a bit more work, but once set up you'd have much more power for the same budget.