Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

fish took my money, or did I give it away....

nahcretep Posts: 108Subscriber
edited November -1 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
this is mostly rant to get it off my chest, so thanks in advance to listen to more bad beat stories.
3/5 $200 cap game. brand new game, was so happy cause was a good table. stacked 2 short stacks so had about $370 early in the session.
villain comes in, try to be bully from the start, takes out a bundle of cash and say "you never seen a mexican guy with more money?", "im a tv star, I dont care about chump change" Had really good read on him as he bet small with weak hands and bet big with big hands. he won up to about $600 and lost it all in no time.

hand#1 hero $320, UTG raise to $20 with AQ, villain $130 calls in SB, BB calls. flop Q32 rainbow. villain leads $30, BB folds, I ship, villain tank calls. villain wins with 9,3 two pair. he laughs and said small blind special. I laughed it off...

hand#2 5 way limp to hero $170ish in SB raise to $35 with KK, limper calls, villan covers me calls, flop 956, hero checks, limper checks, villan bets $35, hero ships, villain tanks and calls, villain win with 53 turn 2 pair. Im pained...

hand#3 almost whole table limps to hero in BB $150 ish, hero with KK goes all in, villain covers me, tank for ever and calls with 7,5, villain rivers straight. really pained..

hand#4 villain raise to $20 BT, SB fold, hero $150ish raise to $60 with JJ, villain calls, flop K910, I ship, villain laughs and calls, villain turn 8 and river A win with A,8 2 pair. going to cry in my car.

I don't usually play like this, but this villain isn't folding to anyone so, I just try to find what ever ways to get my stacks in with him either pre of on the flop...guess it didn't go my way. isn't it hard enough to make a pair?? how the hell does he keep making 2 pair!!!!?

Comments

• AesahAesah Posts: 1,048Pro
    bet flop in hand 2, raise less in hand 3

no offense but you need to rethink some extremely basic poker fundamentals (specifically, about expected value and variance) if you think you "gave your money away" in these spots
  • Mike Posts: 371Member
    hopefully you dont actually think that you gave your money away and it was just a ploy to get us to read your bad beat stories.
  • nahcretep Posts: 108Subscriber
    no, I don't mean I gave him my money, just hurts a lil.
    I planed my session around the guy trying to get as much money in with top of my range, which include some none standard big shoves.

do you guys think even with a station like this that just gambles, should we just play standard line? I guess by shoving and raise big I don't get value from other players. but I know the villain don't fold...so....hmm...
  • WackabrewWackabrew Posts: 400Subscriber
    Yeah seriously. You got it in with the best hand (and at least a 90% favorite) each time. I'll give people complaining about bad beats, but the title of this thread is really misleading.

Aesah - wrt your comments on hands 2 and 3...I would agree that against normal competition these are optinal plays, but if villian is going to call off crushed in each spot, then why not get stacks in as a huge favorite each time?
  • PokerIsFrustrating Posts: 657Member
    I know bar beats are tilting, but if you have any serious questions about how to play these hands differently (I suppose to figure out how you could fold) you likely have massive mental gand issues and/or need to work on your understanding of poker.

I highly recomment The Mental Game of Poker 1 by Jared Tendler. It helped me a lot.

If you're not sure if you want to get into several spots where you are a massive favorite unless you are guaranteed to win then there is really no point in playing.
  • AesahAesah Posts: 1,048Pro
    in hand 2 you have like 1 PSB left, you can easily get stacks in without going for a c/r

in hand 3 you might be able to induce more callers with a smaller raise size. also, results oriented.
  • SatanLovesPoker Posts: 168Member
    Only mistake was not having more money with you! Sounds like you only lost 2.5 buyins....... next time bring
    more $ and play until this guy quits or you have his $.