Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

$2/5 - Facing a Donk Bet & Heat w/ Overpair

JredA Posts: 3Member
edited January 11 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
I have only been in this game for 1 hr.

It's a $500 buy in max, but the table is super deep. There are 2 stacks over $3k and the game is playing very loose and is going multi-way almost every pot. I have been involved with roughly 5 hands already, but have not shown down or won a pot. On all the hands I have been in I check/folded or folded post-flop due to whiffing flops completely and hands going multi-way.

The specific villain in this hand is one of the larger stacks ($3.2k). He appears to be in his early 30' and perhaps a pro or very serious rec. I have seen him play very aggressively so far and the limited action I have seen in 1hr leads me to believe he plays pretty loose and aggressive.

$2/5
BTN
$480
J J

EP limps ($700)

MP limps (Villain described above, $2.5k)

CO limps ($500)

I $35. EP and MP call.

Flop ($115) = T 6 5

EP ch. MP donk's for $50. I call. EP folds.

Turn ($215) = 6

MP $110. I call.

River ($435) = 3

MP $225.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• MrO Posts: 61Subscriber
    Small sizing on flop. I'd initially put him in a draw. Your underrepped. If he's aggro, very wet board if prob pay him off.
  • Piggy Posts: 69Subscriber
    Half pot on each street would be consistent with a lot of Tx that “put you on AK”. Unless I’ve seen evidence that villain is a solid player, I’m probably paying him off, especially if he is aggro.
  • JLongo12 Posts: 29Subscriber
    I'm raising this flop because of the straight and flush draws available. As played, I'm calling down with the brick run out.
  • Xboblove Posts: 78Member
    edited January 11
    Villains bet could be a blocker, defense, value or repping the range on a wet flop not wanting a check back from 2 overs/draws. It's a correct bet from 2pr+ and draws reading this as polar.

Value combo's; 18 overs, 7 sets, 12 TPTK, 6x 65
    Bluffs 16x 78, up to 121x flush (60 viable)
    Lots of 2nd best single pair combo draws that missed (not counted/blocked)

Most of the value falls into bad beat territory and we beat a significant number of value hands. I call.
  • 292YBlock Posts: 86Subscriber
    feels like either A10, K10, Q10 ..he bet into the pre-flop raiser so a 6 is unlikely - I call
  • Sonny Posts: 318Subscriber
    edited January 12
    Donk bets on the flop into the PFR like this are 9 out of 10 times top pair or a draw. Remember this! Its something Bart preaches and its one of the pieces of information I've learned that is nearly universally true everywhere I play.
    The only draw that comes in is 47, and its somewhat doubtful he calls 74 pre, let alone hed bet an open ender on a two flush board.
    It feels a lot like A10. I would have raised on the flop. If he does have a flush draw we're just letting him name his price which is bad. I think either way with top pair or a draw you'll get called on the flop, and probably on the turn also.

As played I'm calling the river unless I have a very good reason not to, even if I do think he's a good player. Good players will sometimes donk A10 here. But even as is its hard to see you being beat here. 1010 might raise pre and probably wont donk into the PFR, the 6 on the turn pretty much rules out a set of 6's, and I doubt hes donking a single 6 on the flop. Its possible he has a set of 5's on the flop. If he does though most players would check it. Even still if hes betting his 10's his draws and sets of 5's. Thats way more combos of hands we beat, so I'm calling.
  • kaboojie Posts: 240Subscriber
    ^^^
    This
  • BartBart Posts: 5,555AdministratorLeadPro
    If he raises preflop with TT, (Which he should) you only lose to quads, 56 and 66. Call down for sure. I dont expect him to have a T here given river sizing, and I hope you would have bombed the river if checked to. Bart