Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Crush Live Poker Video No. 374: Tuck plays badly on Veronica and Friends

Craig Posts: 660Administrator
Tuck plays in a big 1-3-straddle Veronica and Friends game up at Stones live and is very critical of his horrific play

Episode posts at 11 AM PST.

http://www.crushlivepoker.com/videos/tuck-plays-on-badly-on-veronica-and-friends
Tagged:

Comments

• alecspade Posts: 6Subscriber
    Re: the Mike P. hand. Tuck, I think your commentary on this AQ vs 33 hand is perfect. Obviously the decision to flat AQo to the open was where the hand went downhill. Hands like this are why Mike P. is a very tough player to play against, but I do think you are right, he has very few bluffs here that aren't betting the turn when you check. I can see your cards and it really does look like you have exactly 77/88 when you call preflop then lead when checked to, and unfortunately its incredibly tough to range Mike because he plays so wide.

I agree that you should be checking this turn because of what your hand looks like. If you have 88, are you betting this turn? It would be interesting because your perceived hand range here is basically never as strong has AQ, so betting the A makes no sense, which might have confused Mike, but he wouldn't have folded anyway, but as you said at least he doesn't get to realize his equity for free. On the river, you're right, there are so few bluffs he winds up having here. If he has a hand like 76 I think he bets turn expecting you to fold a lot.

I did notice you were getting very frustrated with the game and your position with how insane the straddles were as well as not picking up hands. Sucks brother, but we can all learn from it as always.
  • CycleV Posts: 784Subscriber
    @DavidTuchman When you say you're going to play 1/2 and 1/3 capped games, do you mean a cap like 300 or the LA games capped at 100/120? The LA small cap games, I've never seen anywhere else, so idk how helpful they will be to the gen pop. But a 1/3 capped at 300-500, I would watch some of that.
  • BartBart Posts: 5,700AdministratorLeadPro
    CycleV said:
    @DavidTuchman When you say you're going to play 1/2 and 1/3 capped games, do you mean a cap like 300 or the LA games capped at 100/120? The LA small cap games, I've never seen anywhere else, so idk how helpful they will be to the gen pop. But a 1/3 capped at 300-500, I would watch some of that.
    Its going to be 1-3 $500 match from stones.
  • deadinaditchdeadinaditch Posts: 205Subscriber
    edited January 13
    In the Kc9c hand the graphics show MIKE FN P as 0% to win on a [Ks5s8d] [Qc] board, but the 8c is still out there giving him a one outer = 2.8%.
  • BTPoker Posts: 20Subscriber
    I really enjoyed your commentating on this session. Pointing out the mistakes (that I know I make way too often) is really helpful. I appreciate you sharing the bad plays as much as you may not enjoy sharing it. Really helpful stuff.
    by 1Bart
  • OMGitsWorm Posts: 272SubscriberProfessional
    Hey @DavidTuchman
    Just a question in the K9 from in the straddle. Your saying this is a 3b from this position. Given you can see the cards I agree haha. But in game is this something Bart or Conlan confirm is a 3b in optimal play? If so can we get a break down on why please. In the past I’ve 3b these hands or similar in straddle games and I find players are calling and the pot is bloated and I’m oop and having to give up or play very cautiously. I’ve started to feel and this isn’t solver based, its best to call your weaker partials of a 3b range if you expect you won’t get this heads up.

This is kinda the approach I would take from a straddle multi-way in a loose game. Please give me your thoughts.
    3b JJ+, AKo, AQs+, partial 3b the green hands and flat the rest of the range. I should add TT would be at a partial 3b also. The weaker suited Aces and suited connectors would be partial call or just fold. I know there isn’t any board coverage with the middle parts of my range that I will be 3b.
  • workinghard Posts: 1,535Subscriber
    The AQ hand, as played, I like a small bet on the turn. Perhaps $250. Get him to call with weaker flush draws, one pairs, etc. I prefer a small bet vs a check. You're specific hand blocks a lot of 2 pairs that hit the turn, ie, Ax hands that flopped one pair. He didn't raise on the flop so you can discount flopped 2 pairs. You have a club blocker. Perhaps $250-$300