Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

To thin value bet or not to thin value bet, that is the question

Hi everyone, this is my first hand posting here!

1-2 in Michigan

Villain 1- super bad passive station, covers the table

Villain 2- never played with him before seems semi competent, $200

Hero- has loose image and generally does not get credit for having hands, $330

OTTH

Villain 1 straddles UTG for $5, villain 2 calls, hero opens on the button to 20 with AhAc, both villains call

Flop ($63) KsQc8d

Checks to Hero who bets $30, villain 1 calls, villain 2 folds

Turn ($123) Tc

Villain 1 checks, Hero bets $50, Villain 1 calls

River ($223) Ah

Villain 1 checks, Hero?

Comments

• PiggyPiggy Posts: 150Subscriber
    edited January 11
    Criminal to not bet vs a station here, esp if he looks us up light because he doesn’t give us credit for a J.

I would’ve have liked to raise bigger preflop. 4x over a straddle and a call seems small. Would you be opening to only 20 at 2-5 after a limp?
  • JLBJ Posts: 171Subscriber
    Assuming he’ll basically never raise-bluff (which is most players at this level), then you can bet to get paid by two pair. But you have to go small because they will fear the straight. Maybe 75?
  • 292YBlock Posts: 94Subscriber
    The real question here for me is whether a worse hand will call, the Ace is a scare card not only because it brings the one liner to the straight ... tough spot but I think I’m checking here
  • OwlEyes17 Posts: 2Subscriber
    [quote="Piggy;115860"]Criminal to not bet vs a station here, esp if he looks us up light because he doesn’t give us credit for a J.

I would’ve have liked to raise bigger preflop. 4x over a straddle and a call seems small. Would you be opening to only 20 at 2-5 after a limp?[/quote
    That’s a good point, i probably would have made it 25 at 2-5. Anyone have any comments on the flop and turn sizings?
  • 292YBlock Posts: 94Subscriber
    OwlEyes17 said:
    [quote="Piggy;115860"]Criminal to not bet vs a station here, esp if he looks us up light because he doesn’t give us credit for a J.

I would’ve have liked to raise bigger preflop. 4x over a straddle and a call seems small. Would you be opening to only 20 at 2-5 after a limp?[/quote
    That’s a good point, i probably would have made it 25 at 2-5. Anyone have any comments on the flop and turn sizings?
    I do think the flop sizing, and pre-flop sizing is small, as played probably make it 45 on the flop , that'll also allow for larger bet on the turn. From what you say about V - he's probably calling if he has any part of that flop.
  • MrO Posts: 159Subscriber
    Yeah again larger pre, flop is fine, turn I'd go larger. River is a tough bet/fold. Would be see weakness and raise because he has a lot of money?

Why are the weak passive fish always covering the table. There is a cap right? He can't be that bad?
  • BartBart Posts: 5,891AdministratorLeadPro
    You have to bet to get called by two pair. The scary the board the thinner you can value bet these spot because your opponent will think you have a J only or are bluffing. Bart
  • the_dude_abides Posts: 331Subscriber
    25 pre, 90 on the river.