Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

QQ facing heat, 1/3

GlennJones Posts: 146Subscriber
edited January 21 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
Been a while since I've posted.....

Game is 1/3, $300 cap. Hero starts hand with $550. Villain covers. Villain is a decent TAG who *will* slow play KK and AA in position.

I raise QsQc UTG1 to $23. 3 cls (preflop pot $92). Flop 9s8s9c. I bet $40. Folds to BTN who raises to $80. I decide to call and evaluate turn. Pot $252. Turn 4h. I ck. BTN bets $120. If I call, pot will be $492 with about $325 left. What's my move? I'm having trouble constructing villain's range because the 4 doesn't change anything.
Tagged:

Comments

• 292YBlock Posts: 94Subscriber
    edited January 21
    Yuk, the problem here is obvious, he's going to play the hands you beat, pretty much the same as the hands he bets for value..A call is pretty much committing your stack and there's lots of 9's, 8's, & draws in his range, so you have a tough decision - I'd probably call, and check the river hoping it goes check check..I'd also consider things like whether if I stack off, is it late in the session, is there enough cash from him and other players in play to make a recovery likely if I stack off and loose - not sure if that's good poker , but those thoughts may go through my mind , and you can't play each hand in a vacuum, but you also shouldn't be "session win" driven. You have a spade in your hand, can you bluff this guy on a spade on the river? Will be interested to hear what others say.
  • kaboojiekaboojie Posts: 360Subscriber
    Feels like you are behind here. Also, we cut down on his FDs w/Qs in our hand. I would fold the turn.
  • BartBart Posts: 5,833AdministratorLeadPro
    I think you can call again on the turn and fold to a jam on the river. He quite easily could be overplaying something like TT-JJ that will check back at the end. Bart
    by 1hustlin
  • hustlin Posts: 289Subscriber
    ^ I would play exact way as Bart said.

by calling here all JJ, n 1010 will check back the river. you beat those 2 hands.
    you do lose to AA,KK and 9x, 88.

by calling the turn. you essentially play perfect poker on the river.
    if villains checks back u should be good. if villain bets there a very little bluffs he can have.
  • hustlin Posts: 289Subscriber
    this would be a very very interesting spot if you held JJ. if you had JJ I would lean towards more of a fold.