Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Call or 3-Bet Preflop, Live Low Stakes MTT

$250 MTT, couple hundred entries. Blinds 200/400 with 400 BB ante. OMC limps UTG, splashy guy calls next, another splashy guy raises to 1600 in MP, yet another splasher calls next, I'm in CO with QJs. The raiser and I have 30k effective, the others are all close to that as well (no short stacks involved). In game I called, but wonder if anyone would make a case for 3-betting here. Thanks.

Comments

• kasspav Posts: 13Subscriber
    I fold pre in that scenario.
    by 1dpbuck
  • Xboblove Posts: 120Member
    The question is will the EP openers squeeze? I want to see a flop but I would hate to flat and then have the openers reraise. I bias fold pre.
  • Reyno88 Posts: 3Subscriber
    Never. Judging by labels of players would need to be a hefty 3b to isolate or take down. Getting great odds in position that flops OK and easy to pitch post flop.
  • Latrell1515 Posts: 235Subscriber
    Totally agree with above Reyno88.I've never folding QJs on the Btn against splashy guys raising. We have 75 bigs and go down to 71..no big deal if we end up missing
  • justfourfun Posts: 184Subscriber
    Seems like an easy fold. Early position limpers could always have big hands and raise you out of pot. And you still have to get past buttons and blinds. 3 betting here seems like an unnecessary risk and if you just flat you are inducing 3 bets from 5 players with action behind. Maybe Play this hand if you are in the 20-40 BB range and need to make something happen. Fold it with a comfortable 75 BB stack and wait for a better spot.