Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Crush Live Poker Podcast No. 329 "Journey into 5-5 Vol 3"

BartBart Posts: 5,828AdministratorLeadPro

This week Bart continues his journey into the world of LA 5-5. He discusses some of his calling mistakes and patterns in the player pool.

http://www.crushlivepoker.com/podcasts/journey-into-5-5-vol-3
Tagged:

Comments

• MrO Posts: 159Subscriber
    @bart I 100% agree depending on table dynamics like the ante game you can raise much larger. Sometime in 1/2 I can open to 20 and still get 3-4 callers. Once your stack gets over 200+bb do you like making your RFI still 4x or will you make it 5-6x?

Aren't most lines of x/c x/r OOP very very strong in lower limits? Then VS players that have 2/4 in their limp call range you have to play more ABC in your game? But then when x/c go for value, but don't pay off their raises?

In hand 2 when he had 88. Was he stuck? They will call more when stuck hoping to get even.
  • BartBart Posts: 5,828AdministratorLeadPro
    The hand 2 guy was not the same as the Villain 1 guy. And players that have 24os in their preflop RFI range are going t miss a lot but will end up with quite a few weird value hands. The best of these types are the ones that play loose passively posflop as you can value bet-fold them to death.
  • SevenBelow Posts: 1Subscriber
    First post :)

Early into the podcast you talked about a trend of polar three betting with hands like 87s, 86s ect. I always had the impression that some of these type of hands were actually part of a linear three betting range. The reason being that the linear range was organized with the highest EV hands verse villains defending range (specifically the range they defend by calling with) after we three bet. Is there something to this line of thinking?
  • BartBart Posts: 5,828AdministratorLeadPro
    http://www.crushlivepoker.com/curriculum/preflop-2.0 Ki explains this newer school polar vs linear well in this series of videos.