Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Crush Live Poker Video No. 376: Betting Volume (why do we bet?)

Craig Posts: 677Administrator
edited January 25 in Crush Live Poker Videos
Ki revisits the idea of reasons for betting. Previously we bet for value, bluff, or protection. We will update this idea and explore betting volume- how range and the board texture determines betting volume for different configurations

Episode posts at 11 AM PST.

http://www.crushlivepoker.com/videos/betting-volume-why-do-we-bet
Tagged:

Comments

• OMGitsWorm Posts: 272SubscriberProfessional
    Hi Ki, great video and I enjoyed the interaction with Pio. I have a Pio question from some one who isn't the best with computer programs. Are you able to include in a video how you use the node lock on Pio and why we need to do this. Be greatly appreciated
  • BartBart Posts: 5,791AdministratorLeadPro
    OMGitsWorm said:
    Hi Ki, great video and I enjoyed the interaction with Pio. I have a Pio question from some one who isn't the best with computer programs. Are you able to include in a video how you use the node lock on Pio and why we need to do this. Be greatly appreciated
    Look in Top Section Videos. There are a few on how to use Pio including node locking. Bart
  • OMGitsWorm Posts: 272SubscriberProfessional
    Thanks Bart. I have looked through them but maybe I missed it or it didn’t sink in. Will watch those couple of vids again.
    by 1KiLee
  • JTGunz Posts: 3Subscriber
    Another excellent training video Ki. Thank you! I have a question regarding bet sizing...in those configurations where we should c-bet 100% of the time, what bet size(s) should we use? Thank you.
    by 1KiLee
  • KiLeeKiLee Posts: 250Pro
    OMGitsWorm said:
    JTGunz said:
    Another excellent training video Ki. Thank you! I have a question regarding bet sizing...in those configurations where we should c-bet 100% of the time, what bet size(s) should we use? Thank you.
    Bet sizing is dependent on board texture mostly, and then also SPR, and the number of players in the pot, etc. It's hard to make a blanket statement about one sizing for all situations. For example, on High-low low flop that is dry (T32r) HU with deep stacks, I will use a very small cbet sizing (33%) but on AK9ss flop as the EP PFR or PF 3bettor, I might use 75-100% PSB on such boards with deep stacks.

With multiple players in the pot or with shallower stacks, we generally decrease the sizing a little bit, and on cooridnated boards and boards that crush our range, we usually size bigger.
    @JTGunz
  • JTGunz Posts: 3Subscriber
    Thank you @KiLee. That's very helpful!
    by 1KiLee