Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Min-raised on flop

Garland Posts: 272Subscriber
Lucky Chances $3/$5. $325 Effective.
Hero K J in BB. Straddle is on. 4 limps, SB completes, Hero completes, Straddle checks.

Flop ($70): J 4 2. I lead $30 into field and get raised to $70 by MP (no solid reads). Would you call or fold?
Tagged:

Comments

• Shorn7 Posts: 39Subscriber
    I would call and play a turn. A ton of draws in his range and weaker Jacks as well.
    by 1hustlin
  • Garland Posts: 272Subscriber
    edited February 5
    Results: Hero called. Saw K on turn, and check-raised all-in and got snap called. Villain had 22 and river blanked out. At least he was shallow. At this level, too many times I get min-raised when I have top pair w/ good kicker with 2 baby cards and it's almost always a set. It's conceivable he has top-top, but even then I can't really call. I think I should just make an exploitative fold on the flop. People with draws tend to raise bigger. A min-raise begs to be called.
  • StreetFighterStreetFighter Posts: 158Subscriber
    I think this a flop fold. They don't have much of a semi bluffing range and QJ seems unlikely.
  • BartBart Posts: 5,897AdministratorLeadPro
    I think you can continue with AJ and fold KJ as crazy as that sounds. Also the limped pot nature makes this different. I would be much more willing to continue as the preflop raiser when we cbet a board like this and get min raised.