Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

2/5 Preflop Click-back from Short Stack

ds2uared Posts: 375Subscriber
Hero in mp1 raises to 20 with T J . mp2 (200) calls. Villain (175) otb 3-bets to 50. Hero calls. mp2 calls.

Pot 150. Flop Q J 9. Hero moves all-in.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Xboblove Posts: 120Member
    Your profitably priced in call 175 to win 475 on a flip. It's a call.
  • GarlandGarland Posts: 357Subscriber
    Villains are too short. I would fold to the 3-bet preflop. This small raise from a short-stack on the button is often times a big pair that doesn't want to drive out players and doesn't need to raise too much pre-flop because he doesn't mind getting action with such a shallow stack. As played I think all-in is correct as you're check-calling anyways, but I highly doubt it's getting through unless they have small pairs or AK (even then they may call with 2 overs and a gutshot).
  • ds2uared Posts: 375Subscriber
    @Garland. If I know that, I suppose I should run some numbers.

How often I'm I out flopping or getting the right price against a super tight range? I'm calling 30 for 120 in immediate odds, and I'll likely get the right price when I do get a good enough flop.
  • GarlandGarland Posts: 357Subscriber
    I don't know the exact numbers off the top of my head. You will not flop 2 pair+ enough for the pot odds. It's far more likely you'll only flop a pair or a draw, and then you'll have to go with it, which is what AA/KK/QQ are looking for.
  • Daddyslap Posts: 46Subscriber
    As played the shove is correct. The preflop flat is atrocious; you aren't anywhere near deep enough to make this call. Why are you playing so short?
  • Shorn7 Posts: 39Subscriber
    Yeah fold pre to the re-raise. Not a long term +EV play at that stack depth. Not certain shove is correct either on the flop with middle pair and just an OESD where some of your outs are tainted. Not like u have a lot of FE on this board IMO.