Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

2/5 Big Hand for This Game

ds2uared Posts: 212Subscriber
edited February 5 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
I have been playing a lot of pots, and losing, but I recently made a huge lay-down everyone got to see and was right, and my Aces got cracked (the losing).

V1 old, active player who bombs every hand he hits but always slow-plays his huge hands.
V2 local business man, recounting tales of huge game he played during the super bowl. He plays most hands passively preflop and is easily readable when aggressive (he's far too relaxed with information he gives off, especially in a good mood. And he won in the big game.)

V1 in mp1 (855) limps. HJ (900) raises to 15. V2 in CO (575) calls. Hero (850) in SB J 9 calls. V1 calls.

Pot 60. Flop A Q T. Hero checks. V1 bets 65. HJ folds. V2 calls. Hero calls.

Pot 255. Turn 8 . Hero checks. V1 bets 150. V2 calls 150. Hero check-raises to 650. V1 calls. V2 calls all-in.

Main pot 1,850. Side pot 110. River J . Hero checks. V1 checks.

Need feedback on Turn and River I think. I am find with preflop and post flop, especially versus these villains.

Comments

• Garland Posts: 138Subscriber
    edited February 5
    I might have raised a little less on the turn (~550-600), but it's fine as is. By my math, V1 has $25 left on the river (755-15-65-650=25), so I don't understand why we aren't just flicking in that last $25 as he'll probably call with anything with any semblance of showdown value. Even if V1 covers you, you only have $120 left on river and I'm putting it in. River doesn't seem to be too interesting unless the stacks are much deeper.
  • ds2uared Posts: 212Subscriber
    Garland said:
    my math, V1 has $25 left on the river
    Edited. V1 had 855. But your point stands.

• Daddyslap Posts: 46Subscriber
    I agree the turn raise is a bit on the large side. As played I prefer the river check back. V has $145 left, and I can't see worse than a K calling given the board.
  • floater Posts: 65Subscriber
    no suggestions on raising flop?
    Action flop and killer action cards can come.
    You have straight flush draw. Why are you checking if not to check raise?
    Bet is 65 with one caller. Raise to 225-250?
    You're beat by KT on flop but raising turn?
    With raise on flop, you have a slightly smaller than a pot sized bet.
    I like raise on flop, please let me know why not.
  • Garland Posts: 138Subscriber
    floater said:
    no suggestions on raising flop?
    Action flop and killer action cards can come.
    You have straight flush draw. Why are you checking if not to check raise?
    Bet is 65 with one caller. Raise to 225-250?
    You're beat by KT on flop but raising turn?
    With raise on flop, you have a slightly smaller than a pot sized bet.
    I like raise on flop, please let me know why not.
    I agree we should entertain raising the flop. However, it's the pre-flop raiser who is continuing on the flop and there's a decent chance he's nutted. Also it's doubtful we can getting A x or even K x to fold out which is a goal of raising (to clean up our outs). If a lower flush draw is there, we don't want to price him out.
  • floater Posts: 65Subscriber
    On flop second caller didn’t raise, I don’t flat there. You have 3rd nuts with straight draw...
  • Shorn7 Posts: 39Subscriber
    Just shove the turn. It will be less than a PSB, we have the nuts, and around half the deck on the river is probably bad or kills action.