Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

1-3 PLO - Middle Set with Redraws

Game is playing fairly loose with neutral aggression in the 1.5 hours that Hero has been there. Hero's image is winning but fairly neutral. The straddle and MP seem like decent PLO players. Button keeps rebuying short and getting it in marginal.
Stack sizes below.

$6 Straddle is on. Hero completes J4Jd2d in BB. We go 7-way to the flop!!

Flop ($45) Ad Jc 3c. Hero checks first to act. MP ($700) bets $45. Button ($200) calls. Hero (covers) calls. Straddle ($1000) calls.

I don't really like my play here. Do you prefer a lead into the field or a c/r?

Turn ($225) Ad Jc 3c Td. Hero and Straddle check. MP pots $225, leaving $430 back. Button calls off his last $200. Hero? The Straddle ($950 left) still seems interested.

Do we like a call here with our set and BDFD to realize equity? Or is there merit to shipping to force out the straddle and clean-up outs? We know MP would call, likely with KQxx, but we have up to 18 outs versus that hand.

Tagged:

Comments

• FreeLunch Posts: 1,295Pro
    I used to play these spots pretty passively because there are 1 ) a lot of players in my pool that limp AA pre and 2) I have good reads on how people play - so combined I used to even check fold flops like this vs players that I know have a lot of AA in their range when the lead big.

Ive changed that up and lead 1/2 pot or so a lot with decent sets and draws oop multi way unless we are super deep or I have week agro players in position who will lead and continue with a much weaker range than the trappy nit types my old view was based on

Check raise is really tough this deep - that has to be a strong read based spot. When I do I often min check raise as the prospect of being able to reopen seems to scare a lot of people into folding good equity (that is the not the aggressor - the others)

What a horrible turn. I dont shipping really ever cleans out much so I dont like that option.

• High__Rolla Posts: 751Subscriber
    FreeLunch said:
    I used to play these spots pretty passively because there are 1 ) a lot of players in my pool that limp AA pre and 2) I have good reads on how people play - so combined I used to even check fold flops like this vs players that I know have a lot of AA in their range when the lead big.

Ive changed that up and lead 1/2 pot or so a lot with decent sets and draws oop multi way unless we are super deep or I have week agro players in position who will lead and continue with a much weaker range than the trappy nit types my old view was based on

Check raise is really tough this deep - that has to be a strong read based spot. When I do I often min check raise as the prospect of being able to reopen seems to scare a lot of people into folding good equity (that is the not the aggressor - the others)
    Thanks, @FreeLunch. The small lead or small c/r seems like a good option. At this stack depth, we will have to play multistreet.

My read of MP was that he was more of a grinder type that would raise aces preflop most of the time, especially when there were multiple limpers. This was only based on 1.5 hours of play. So, obviously I can't completely remove aces from his range, but I discount it heavily.