Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Bluffs, to show or not to show.

Wtwebster Posts: 25Subscriber
edited February 15 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
At 70 I have an OMC table image which I can use to my advantage. For example, I bluff way more than would be expected and very rarely get called down. I always make it a practice to not give any free info so hardly ever show a bluff unless I have to. I’ll muck without showing if possible.

One exception to this is if I think I can put a player on tilt by showing a bluff after winning a pot from him.

My question is am I making a mistake by not showing bluffs in order to get paid off down the road with my strong hands? And if so, how often and under what circumstances would you recommend showing?
Tagged:

Comments

• MrO Posts: 154Subscriber
    If you have the OMC image. Keep it. You'll bluff more than make big hands
    by 1CycleV
  • FuzzypupFuzzypup Posts: 2,290Subscriber
    Don't show bluffs because you bluff more than value. Once you get caught once everything things you are bluffing. if you show then do it with a strong hand for strategic purposes. Then people will think you are lucky and avoid you. If they are paying attention they will notice you played it a certain way. Now you can use it to your advantage.