Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

TPTK facing turn and river action

kaboojiekaboojie Posts: 323Subscriber
edited February 15 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
2/5 900 eff with V

2 limps, V limps in lj to my immediate right (V is a pretty solid pro) I 40 in hj w/A K , call, call, V calls

(160) K 3 6 xxx, Hero 80, fold, fold, V calls

(320) 9 V leads 125, I call

(570) 9 V 225 Hero?

This has been a pretty juicy game so far. I've played with V quite a bit. I think he sees me as a winning player that is on the nitty side.
Tagged:

Comments

• JLBJ Posts: 140Subscriber
    I don’t see how you can do anything but call. No way to fold given this action. I would guess he has a weaker king or was trying to take control of the pot with a draw.

He could have 9x of spades, I guess, maybe 66 or 33 that he was scared of getting checked through on the turn. But this is a call.
  • JLongo12 Posts: 37Subscriber
    A solid pro limps after a couple limps? Usually this means weaker pairs. And given all the action, it looks like he has 33 or 66 here. What other limp/call line makes sense?
  • Oback2 Posts: 172SubscriberProfessional
    Call.

Btw, this pro is not solid, he sucks.
  • kaboojiekaboojie Posts: 323Subscriber
    Oback2 said:
    Btw, this pro is not solid, he sucks.
    I can appreciate why you would say this. I should have explained better. This game is playing very loose passive. There have been a lot of big pots with marginal hands at showdown. With this in mind, I can see a pro having a limp/call range.

• CycleV Posts: 777Subscriber
    Bart has a l/c range in this spot, we certainly can too. CLPers would have the mid SC with a 9 as a raise to promote our draws, but some random semi-thoughtful player, who knows.

The thing is, we certainly look like we have TP, so if he has value he should be betting bigger. Plus normally you expect a c/r from a set ott. So for the price I look him up. We should be good one out of 4 times.

Vs a different V I could see a fold, but if we're folding AK here, what in the world are we calling with?
  • Superfly Posts: 130Subscriber
    The fact that the V leads for less than half-pot sized bets on turn and river points away from this being a bluff. Could these be blocker bets? Maybe KQ or KJ.? I agree with CycleV - If he had a set or trips, I think he would bet more on the river. All the draws bricked and I don’t see any likely 2P hands that would limp call from LJ. I would call.
  • kaboojiekaboojie Posts: 323Subscriber
    Superfly said:
    Could these be blocker bets? Maybe KQ or KJ.?
    I doubt these hands are limp/called pre. These hands should be opened for a raise.