Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Super intersting spot with overpair oesd vs fishy player

ThehammahThehammah Posts: 7,085Subscriber
edited February 18 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
straddle pot pfr has 2000 ish one limper good asian player who has talked about "ranges" etc makes it 40. fish lady calls german rec calls who is tight and has been 3! asian guy a few times to the point where asian guy makes a comment. german rec makes it 175 pre straddle calls limper calls or calls and fishy lady calls 5 ways

german rec lets me sweat his hand QQ.

flop JT9r one diamond.

straddler has about 400 left
fishy lady has 750
or has everyone covered.

chs to fishy lady she open ships. what do you think hero should do?
Tagged:

Comments

• ThehammahThehammah Posts: 7,085Subscriber
    Spoiler:
    I think he should have shipped as fishy lady could easily have AJ KJ and shipping would allow me to protect against players who have hands that can outdraw us like KJ AJ J8 T8 88. 89 etc.

so he tanked for a long time telegraphing he had and overpair imho and called. short stack straddler called off everyone else folded

Turn 5d
    river 6d

fishy lady had 99
    german rec had QQ
    and straddler had A8dd and scoops the main pot.

• BartBart Posts: 5,835AdministratorLeadPro
    what are the positions and are there two german recs in the hand?
  • ThehammahThehammah Posts: 7,085Subscriber
    edited February 18
    1 german rec on btn
    fishy lady co
    fish straddler
    player Utg1 and 2 that check fold flop

action pre is straddle to 10 utg1 call utg2 raise to 40 fishy ladt call german rec 3! to 160 all call

flop JT9. straddler ch utg1 ch utg2 ch lady ship 750. german rec 3! tank for a long time calls straddler calls off for 450-500.
    utg1 fold utg2 fold
  • neverlearn2 Posts: 2,828Subscriber
    edited February 18
    Call QQ. She not shipping
    edited February 18
    Like that with a strong
    Hand.
  • BartBart Posts: 5,835AdministratorLeadPro
    Why not just call with QQ on JT9 facing the all-in? Hands like AJ and KJ don’t have the proper equity to call. Let them in the hand.
  • Onearmdeejay Posts: 6Subscriber
    I feel like the lady doesn’t have KQ because usually these players slow play especially on rainbow boards. So when she calls the straddle, and calls 3! To then lead shoves the flop she is trying to “protect” her two pair hand or more likely a set. Against this lady we are like 40%. Against The straddle Villain we are probably beating heavily against his marginal hand.

So I think it’s call in this spot. If the straddle had me or at least the lady well covered Its even more of a call. I want to build a side pot with him to win the rest of his money and for the fact we might not win the main if we brick out.