Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

2/5 Top 2 on flop EP vs EP facing a raise

DireWolf Posts: 7Subscriber
edited February 20 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
Btn straddle, hero sb (1.3k) opens AQ♣️♥️ 40, bb (900) calls, utg1 (600) call, utg2 (200) call, btn (500) call

Flop AQ4♠️♠️♦️ hero bets 75, bb raises to 275, folds to hero?
-hero elects to bet small as we are at top of our range and hard for villains to have super strong holdings
-when facing EP raise what do we think is hero’s best option on a pretty wet board?
Tagged:

Comments

• Garland Posts: 119Subscriber
    AQo in what I consider super UTG is a highly vulnerable hand that I would trend very carefully and even consider folding pre-flop.

That said, once you flop top two on this board and little info on BB, I'm simply getting it in.
  • Maximilian65 Posts: 34Subscriber
    He's got about a pot sized bet left if you just called here. We should be thinking about going for stacks in this spot (you essentially have the nuts right now only 44 beats you) so I like flatting, then check/shoving a safe turn.

If you re-raise him on the flop, he could find a fold with his A4 combos but might decide to 'just go' with all his combo draws which you are still well ahead of.

I like the option of flatting then check shoving safe turns, but if you feel like this player will chase all his draws and call off with top/bottom here just go ahead and three bet this flop either all in or a click back with the plan to snap call his all in.
  • DireWolf Posts: 7Subscriber
    Forgot to mention absolutely no history with this player and first orbit at table that just started. Older white guy in 50s-60s
  • kaboojiekaboojie Posts: 360Subscriber
    I think you have to go with it here. We could be crushed by 44, but V could have a lot of draws or A4. Flatting is not horrible and prob the less variance route. However, I think jamming turn is the more ev play. V might get away from A4 with this play, but I doubt he will fold a draw. He will be getting too good of a price.
  • CycleV Posts: 855Subscriber
    He's got A4, he has FD, he also has AK cuz MAWG. Just gii
  • DireWolf Posts: 7Subscriber
    Garland said:
    AQo in what I consider super UTG is a highly vulnerable hand that I would trend very carefully and even consider folding pre-flop.

That said, once you flop top two on this board and little info on BB, I'm simply getting it in.
    I have to disagree, I don't think there is a lineup I've ever seen at 5/10 and below where I'm not opening AQo in sb to a btn straddle. That just seems way to tight to me, especially at 2/5. Appreciate your input though