Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Limped pot, fun spot

Letmewin1 Posts: 1,239Member
edited February 20 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
Limp/call happy table, most stacks are shallow $200-$300
Main V BB $3k older Asian grinder, Hero $1,100
UTG, UTG 1, MID and HJ limp, hero over limps with j8cc CO BTN Joins the party
SB completes and BB x
Flop
882r
Blinds check, UTG $20 folds to hero calls, SB folds BB x/r to $80, UTG folds. Hero calls

Pot $220
Turn Kx
BB $220 hero calls
Pot $660
River 7x
BB rips
Hero calls waitress over orders a double and?
Tagged:

Comments

• neutron212neutron212 Posts: 14Subscriber
    I think you have to run with this and call. You're losing to pK,7,and 2. But i dont think pK would limp from the BB because he would want to push out most of the Ax hands and connectors ,so the guy is is most likey left p7 or p2.
    (Im trying to get more active on this and flex my poker mind mussels if this is incorrect then anyone please let me know)
  • kaboojiekaboojie Posts: 389Subscriber
    Folds. I cant see V doing this with a worse 8.
  • Letmewin1 Posts: 1,239Member
    kaboojie said:
    Folds. I cant see V doing this with a worse 8.
    So you’re only calling with FH’s and A8?
  • kaboojiekaboojie Posts: 389Subscriber
    Sorry, I thought your hand was 98 for some reason. It's still pretty close tho. It's just hard to imagine an "older Asian grinder" potting the turn, then jamming the river with a worse hand. Without a better read, I would still fold.
  • Maximilian65 Posts: 36Subscriber
    Call, expecting to see 78 a fair amount of the time... hopefully he has 89
  • Superfly Posts: 384Subscriber
    BB check raises into bettor and caller on a very dry board in a limped pot. Hard to imagine an experienced grinder doing that and then continuing to fire away on turn and river without at least an 8. Also seems out of character for grinder to shove after being called twice with just an 8 + weak kicker. True grinders don’t cross their fingers and throw money into the wind like that. Tough lay down but I think you’re beat.
    by 1CycleV
  • CycleV Posts: 1,104Subscriber
    Everyone loves to see a cheap flop. But you're extremely unlikely to make a nut straight, and if you make a flush or trips you aren't crazy when 3 streets go in. So why are we in this hand again?
    CycleV said:
    Everyone loves to see a cheap flop. But you're extremely unlikely to make a nut straight, and if you make a flush or trips you aren't crazy when 3 streets go in. So why are we in this hand again?
    Had a few comp dollars to spend and ordered a few too many drinks??
    I’d fold this in a heart beat if some one raised upfront but their limping range is so damn wide figured why not.
    Superfly said:
    BB check raises into bettor and caller on a very dry board in a limped pot. Hard to imagine an experienced grinder doing that and then continuing to fire away on turn and river without at least an 8. Also seems out of character for grinder to shove after being called twice with just an 8 + weak kicker. True grinders don’t cross their fingers and throw money into the wind like that. Tough lay down but I think you’re beat.
    If I were to tell you that he has a history of over valuing, would you still consider folding over calling?
    And this is a limp pot so we need to count ALL 8x combos not just the sooted type.
  • Superfly Posts: 384Subscriber
    Letmewin1 said:

If I were to tell you that he has a history of over valuing, would you still consider folding over calling?
    And this is a limp pot so we need to count ALL 8x combos not just the sooted type.
    No, in that case I would consider a call. When you say “grinder” I picture an experienced pro who is playing for profit and trying to make his nut with minimal risk and variance.
    Superfly said:
    Letmewin1 said:

No, in that case I would consider a call. When you say “grinder” I picture an experienced pro who is playing for profit and trying to make his nut with minimal risk and variance.
    I could see how my phrasing could derail, sorry.
    What I meant was, he’s been playing for years, for profit but does not study the game and has rec player tendencies in some spots even tho he’s not one.
    edited February 22
    Spoiler:
    based on my experience with him in the larger pots I’ve played I decided to call and he shows down 86
  • neverlearn2 Posts: 2,860Subscriber
    nh. late to the partyytyyy
  • Oback2 Posts: 206Subscriber
    Fold pre
    So this was essentially one long extended brag thread? Now I know for next time
    CycleV said:
    So I make this call and I’m a bragging fish, Bart makes this call and he’s a soul reader/crusher.
    Thx bud, thought you’d give me a bit more credit.
  • BartBart Posts: 5,957AdministratorLeadPro
    I would think this would be rather player dependent. He’s ripping for full pot right? I could easily see a fold here. Seems insane to overplay a weak 8 if he truly is a grinder. Bart
    Letmewin1 said:
    CycleV said:
    So I make this call and I’m a bragging fish, Bart makes this call and he’s a soul reader/crusher.
    Thx bud, thought you’d give me a bit more credit.
    I would tell anyone to fold pre (or raise if you're bored), including Bart. And since his response ^^^ is a likely fold, this hand is a tire fire but you got paid. It's not about giving credit. You chose a bad hand, played it marginally (at best), and maybe don't have a good read on the V (or just didn't give us the right info).
  • fishcake Posts: 964Subscriber
    It's a fold pre, but as played I think it's probably a close fold. I read the results and man his play is horrible. Definitely not a winner in 2019 check raising 86 on this board in a limped pot, lol.