Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Triple Barrel Line Check

ds2uared Posts: 204Subscriber
Villain just sat down maybe 2 orbits ago. Plays a bunch of hands passively preflop it seems.

UTG limps. Hero mp1 ($1,200) raises to $25 8 6. HJ calls. Villain in BB ($900) calls.

Pot $75. Flop T 7 3 . BB checks. Hero bets $40. HJ folds. BB calls.

Pot $155. Turn 2 BB checks, Hero bets $85, BB calls.

Pot $325. River Q . BB checks. Hero bet $235.

(I know it's a little loose preflop. This is not a usual raise for me)
Turn sizing? Good river to bet? River sizing? Against an opponent I know almost nothing about?
Tagged:

Comments

• Garland Posts: 134Subscriber
    I would size up on the turn, make it $110-$120 and hope it gets the job done. If not, then I would pot the river to put maximum pressure on any 1 pair hands.
  • rappcity15 Posts: 39Subscriber
    great spot to barrel. he is c/r a set on this turn almost always so he was 1 pair a majority of the time. Size up the turn like @Garland suggested, and then 2/3 on river
    Question for @Bart, lets say heros hand is 8h6h and the river is a 2c, is this is a spot that we would be bomb turn like pot or 1.25x pot and check back river when we miss flush draw?
  • BartBart Posts: 5,819AdministratorLeadPro
    rappcity15 said:
    great spot to barrel. he is c/r a set on this turn almost always so he was 1 pair a majority of the time. Size up the turn like @Garland suggested, and then 2/3 on river
    Question for @Bart, lets say heros hand is 8h6h and the river is a 2c, is this is a spot that we would be bomb turn like pot or 1.25x pot and check back river when we miss flush draw?
    I mean in general if you are trying to play optimal you are supposed to give up a lot with your front door flush draws, especially if nothing changes at the end. Bart
  • philc Posts: 19SubscriberProfessional
    Questionable to continue preflop from MP1 but probably neutral EV to limp/fold/raise depending on your table.

Flop bet is good, though you could go even smaller to have a more efficient bluff especially since you're betting into 2 opponents.

Turn bet should be larger as recommended. He still probably won't fold Tx so you want to get more value with your AT+ value range. You also want to put on max pressure with bluffs like your specific hand since BB is going to have a TON of gutshots and weak Tx and 7x.

With this hand once you bet turn I think it's a mandatory river bluff on most runouts unless you have some sick David Chan-type live read that he has a heart FD and made it and so you decide to give up based on that. Maybe 3/4 pot?

@ds2uared What was the result??
  • ds2uared Posts: 204Subscriber
    edited March 23
    @philc

He called after a couple seconds and showed A T.

Later evidence showed he was a somewhat rich older business owner who played his gut feeling pretty regularly, making decisions all over the spectrum.