Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Hand vs Uncle Abe Post LATB

BartBart Posts: 5,819AdministratorLeadPro
edited March 22 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
$5-$5 $50 BB Ante game. V1 is "Uncle Abe".

Abe ($5k) limps, MP1, Mayhem ($8k) raises to $65 on button. Hero 3! to $300 in sb w A K both call.

$910 FLOP: 6 5 3 Hero bets 300, Abe calls Mayhem folds.

$1510 Turn 3 I bet $600, Abe calls.

$2710 RIVER 3 I puke a little and check, Abe snap moves all-in for $3700.. What does he have? Hero?

Comments

• PokerShaman Posts: 49Subscriber
    Some sort of full house, maybe something as weak as 7 7× or 8 8× , maybe 66 or 55 springing the trap on AA.

I am a n00b at higher stakes, but I am scratching my head and wondering what the villain would bluff with here.
  • kaboojiekaboojie Posts: 360Subscriber
    How would you catagorize Uncle Abe? I’ve googled him, but I’ve never watched him play. One post said he’s a crusher. Another said other players usually salivate when he sits down. I’m guessing he’s somewhere in between?

I don’t see how we could call here. This looks like a lot of pp hands to me.
  • neverlearn2 Posts: 2,827Subscriber
    edited March 21
    I think you should fold bart because you hold both nut clubs. I could see it being maybe a call if you didnt have the Ac. Odd thing is we are sizing small on flop and turn and think abe doesnt rip it in on us with an overpair but than bluffs the river when anyone can have a FH.

only other thing I could think of is Abe having AA here and he folds to get value from clubs and other pairs, or maybe even KK.
  • Garland Posts: 134Subscriber
    edited March 22
    I think River should be $2510 in pot (or the turn bet was $600) and I assume you cover Abe. Hard to not put Abe on a pocket pair that include a . I would fold.

BART EDIT: Turn bet was $600.. I have updated OP
  • rappcity15 Posts: 39Subscriber
    AxQc I could see him have as a bluff if there are any bluff. Probably wouldn't limp in ep with that though. I would throw up on the river
  • workinghard Posts: 1,561Subscriber
    Flopped set makes sense in all streets. He's not doing this w a weak full house like 44 or 77. SF makes sense. I know he limp calls super wide. I don't see him doing this w a flush or busted draw. No one tries to bluff someone off a potential FH nor do people try to rep FHs when their draws miss
  • JS84 Posts: 30Subscriber
    I think this is always a fold against Abe. He calls a ton of 3-bets with all sorts of hand he shouldn't be calling a single raise with, meaning he has way too many 6's, 5's and 3's in his range. I also don't ever think I've seen him bluff. He always seems to be calling extremely light rather than bluffing or raising light.

Really gross spot, but I think you have to fold against Abe. I just don't see him doing this with a flush or worse here.
  • PotLuckNeeded Posts: 54Subscriber
    I'd puke and fold the river against Abe. I just don't think he's bluffing nearly enough in this spot.
    this hand reminds me of the one i posted where i called the 300 bet on the river with 88 on a 5746A board
  • Piggy Posts: 116Subscriber
    workinghard said:
    this hand reminds me of the one i posted where i called the 300 bet on the river with 88 on a 5746A board
    I don’t know which hand that was, but 88 on 5746A is fundamentally different from Bart’s hand here. In the 88 hand, we only lose to 98 which we also block. In Bart’s hand, he loses to any pair that was holding onto flop + turn.
  • philc Posts: 19SubscriberProfessional
    From the streams I've seen him play in (a lot) Abe only snap shoves river when he thinks he has the nuts (straight/flush or full house+ on paired board). He also has tons of 3h's in his range (he loves playing small off-suit cards a lot depending on his mood and will call with any piece of any board), making this is an easy puke-check-puke-fold-puke in my opinion. I can't remember a single time when he's bluff shoved river (though obviously I could have missed something...)

The only bluff I could picture him turning over would be like 72o with 7c and/or 2c just because he loves that hand and he would love to show the table the trash he likes to play lolol... Also I'm pretty sure he would have raised earlier with a flush or straight. I assume you folded but did he show??? My guess is 6X at the worst (probably 67/64/62 with a club), with the possibility of any FH or quads. Solid chance he actually just has quads, he plays so many random 3s.
  • BartBart Posts: 5,819AdministratorLeadPro
    Spoiler:
    I'll be talking about this one on the show this week. In retrospect I think I made a pretty bad call. He thought he was bluffing and turned over 67dd.
    by 1Piggy
  • maphacks Posts: 1,992Subscriber
    Bart said:
    Spoiler:
    I'll be talking about this one on the show this week. In retrospect I think I made a pretty bad call. He thought he was bluffing and turned over 67dd.
    He thought you would fold 77-TT or what??

• Letmewin1 Posts: 1,238Member
    edited March 25
    Deleted.
  • BartBart Posts: 5,819AdministratorLeadPro
    maphacks said:
    Bart said:
    Spoiler:
    He thought you would fold 77-TT or what??

Pure button clicking.. surprising because he was in position.
    Bart said:
    Spoiler:
    You've talked about these spots before where someone is "bluffing" but has the best hand. Too thin a call.