Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Crush Live O8 No 56. "1-3-5 PLO8 cash game review

BartBart Posts: 5,737AdministratorLeadPro
This week Bart starts a two part series review interesting hands from a 1-3-5 PLO8 game played on Stone Live Poker.

http://www.crushlivepoker.com/videos/1-3-plo8-cash-game-review
Tagged:

Comments

• MastaC707 Posts: 95Subscriber
    Awesome, thanks Bart!

Almost none of the hands were straddled. The software had the game as 1/3. But it was 1/3 5 to go. So the software counted a limp of 5 as a raise and a raise after that a 3 bet.

And I have so much work to do on my PLO8 game!
  • BartBart Posts: 5,737AdministratorLeadPro
    I really like the hand at 32:30! Ah that was good to know about the straddle..
  • MastaC707 Posts: 95Subscriber
    Thanks. I had a similar hand, I think A234 or 2345 where the board was all high cards. I was thinking such a waste of a good hand. Also, there’s a hand in that session where I get 1/4 vs Postle in a big pot with just the low where I leveled myself into being stubborn. But it’s another example of why just playing for the low is bad.
  • DoubleSuitedAce Posts: 13Subscriber
    edited March 24
    Nice to see this game reviewed. I try to make it a point to watch all of Stones Live PLO games when they are broadcast live on Twitch and I remember watching this game in particular as it was just a few days ago.

In the last hand, I do agree with Bart that we should probably raise our A K 5 4 on the turn when Postle bets out on the 6 2 10 8 board. These premium hands don't come along that often, and even when they do, there is no guarantee that they will connect with the board. The turn card gives us so much scoop equity, and unless we are specifically up against A379 or A3+set, I believe we are in good enough shape to start shoveling in the money.

Granted, it all depends on your risk tolerance. For me, I'm often happy to embrace the variance in PLO. And if PLO8 is supposed to be a game of "ands", we have a ton of "ands" on the turn with the nut flush draw and the double gut straight draw and the second nut low. As Bart mentions in the video, a raise on the turn probably gets Diaz to fold out his low equity, and on the river, we may get a crying check-call from Postle. Heck, we may even get Postle to re-pot the turn and we get all the money in on the turn with a decent chance to scoop. As played, Postle is able to get away from his set even with the flush not coming in after we raise on the river.
  • BartBart Posts: 5,737AdministratorLeadPro
    PLO8 is the exact opposite of PLO. The game rarely runs because there is so little variance. The good players just crush the bad players even in the short term, making it hard for a bad player to win inside a single session. Bart