Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

1/2/5 to call, house game, river spot

Loose passive game. Not many opens pre. Main V are MP1(V1) and BB(V2). Effective stack size is $300. Hero in SB

MP1 opens 20, CO calls, BTN calls, Hero KdJd calls, BB calls
Flop($100) Jc 7c 6h
Hero checks, V2 checks, V1 bets 25, CO and BTN folds, Hero calls, BB calls
Turn($175) Ac
Hero checks, V2 checks, V1 checks
River($175) 2s
Hero checks, V2 checks, V1 bets out $50, Hero? while pondering a call i have a live read that V2 in bb is folding.

Calling $50 to win $275 need to be right 18% of the time, don't really expect to be winning a whole lot but what do you guys think?

Comments

• GlennJones Posts: 140Subscriber
    When everyone checks back the turn, I don't think anyone has a flush. Does V1 have bet sizing tells (i.e., is $20 much larger than his "normal" open)?
  • kaboojiekaboojie Posts: 360Subscriber
    I would call. You're not going to be good often, but I couldnt fold here getting 4.5-1.
    by 1CycleV
  • CycleV Posts: 912Subscriber
    He can have missed SD or worse pairs he's turning into a bluff. Even have a worse J since most home game players suck.
  • rappcity15 Posts: 39Subscriber
    @GlennJones nah $20 was a standard open for the game. Was playing like a shallow 2/5 game. I didn't think he cbet A highs on the flop too often 5 ways. So i called the river getting a price. he showed AhTc
  • ds2uared Posts: 212Subscriber
    Who thinks jamming is an option preflop? There's $67 in the pot already. Your hand has some decent removal. It's only 60 BB effective. You're getting folds out most pairs you race against. You're negating your positional disadvantage versus 3-4 opponents. Even if you hit with K J you're going to be battling uphill against that many villains.

Thoughts?
  • kaboojiekaboojie Posts: 360Subscriber
    I wouldnt jam pre, but you could def squeeze with this hand. I'd go 120. Ideally we would want to just take it down pre. I'd tread lightly if either the mp1 or bb calls. Their calling ranges are likley ahead of us and we are playing oop.

I think jamming would be an overplay that's only getting called by better hands.
  • rappcity15 Posts: 39Subscriber
    @ds2uared those are fair points, but I have such an edge in this game IMO and these players play so bad post flop that I believe I can withstand the positional disadvantage and make good decisions postflop.
  • PotLuckNeeded Posts: 54Subscriber
    kaboojie said:
    I wouldnt jam pre, but you could def squeeze with this hand. I'd go 120. Ideally we would want to just take it down pre. I'd tread lightly if either the mp1 or bb calls. Their calling ranges are likley ahead of us and we are playing oop.

I think jamming would be an overplay that's only getting called by better hands.
    I'd squeeze as well. Lots of dead money and forcing Vs the further define their hand if they do choose to call.

• workinghard Posts: 1,561Subscriber
    Such a good spot to steal pre. Maybe not jam but raise to 150. As played on the flop, XR big and commit yourself. Probably shove considering its hard to raise and leave yourself a useful stack size