Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

$2/$5 Super Deep

ds2uared Posts: 263Subscriber
$3,700 eff. Hero is perceived as winning, competent. Villain is super loose preflop, won a couple absurd pots with garbage. It's 3am and he's leaving soon. He runs big bluffs and calls down light.

Villain limps $5. 3 callers. Hero in HJ raises to $55 J J. BB calls. Villain raises to $115. Fold. Fold. Fold. Hero 4-bets to $380. BB folds. Villain calls.

Pot $825. Flop Q 8 3. Villain leads $175. Hero calls.

Pot $1,175. Turn 7. Villain bets $200. Hero calls.

Pot $1,575. River T. Villain bets $450. Hero calls.

Thoughts?
Tagged:

Comments

• StreetFighterStreetFighter Posts: 150Subscriber
    edited April 10
    Seems like standard 3am poker. Why 4bet if they run wild bluffs?
  • ds2uared Posts: 263Subscriber
    There was almost no 4betting, but he didn't seem like to type to just fold his hand when faced with one. That's why I make it 3.5X in position. Especially when I'm in position versus someone sticky, I'd rather make the pot huge preflop when I crush his range. He was not a "limp-raising means Aces" kind of player.

The problem is how do you deal with sticky villains donking small in way ahead-way behind situations?
  • Mahikalra Posts: 3Subscriber
    So what did the villain come up with?
  • mrage Posts: 27Subscriber
    Sucky runout, but given your description I like how you played it. Looks like he could have a scared Q or have backed into 2 pr but the guy's a spaz.
  • Garland Posts: 214Subscriber
    Seems fine to me. What did he end up having?
  • kaboojiekaboojie Posts: 360Subscriber
    The 4! Pre is a little light, but not horrible against the described Villain. Also, I wouldn’t size it this large, but I get what ur saying in your post about 3.5x sizing.

Post flop looks fine. Not much else you can do against a V like this. Folding to these sizings would be bad imo.
  • ds2uared Posts: 263Subscriber
    Spoiler:
    A× 4 for fuckall.
  • hustlin Posts: 289Subscriber
    Pretty sick I’m thinking of tossing the river here. Price is good but w the Queen there. Hmmm u do have some Q’s and u look pretty strong by raising pre.
    U beat bluffs and maybe a hand like 99. His sizing is small so seems less bluffy. Seems like something w decent showdown lol.

It’s pretty close. Think I would still fold here... though calling is fine too against this villain and sizing.