Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Crush Live Poker Video No 387.: 1-3 NL hold’em review

Craig Posts: 691Administrator
Tuck reviews a relatively deep-stacked 1-3 NL game and examines some common mistakes players make in these games

Episode posts at 11 AM PST.

http://www.crushlivepoker.com/videos/1-3-nl-holdem-review
Tagged:

Comments

• eselspiel Posts: 115Subscriber
    hi Dave, thanks for taking on the low limit. Quick question on the last hand. DonKey vs AD.
    If instead of AA, DonKey had A K and the board is still T 5 2 9 Do you check the turn?
    thanks again
    ES
  • DavidTuchman Posts: 786Pro
    eselspiel said:
    hi Dave, thanks for taking on the low limit. Quick question on the last hand. DonKey vs AD.
    If instead of AA, DonKey had A K and the board is still T 5 2 9 Do you check the turn?
    thanks again
    ES
    That’s where poker gets so interesting....

notice that the big bet elicits a fold, and we never get to showdown. The power of aggression, the power of a big bet... it’s very tempting to continue barreling at least some of the time.

I often don’t worry about being balanced at the lower levels and you shouldn’t either, but that doesn’t mean we only want to bet when we have the over pair and never barrel when we have AK ....

If the turn brought a heart, I’d be at least tempted to fire again with the A of hearts and then possibly move all in if the heart came on the river..That said, guys at this level just aren’t folding JJ+ but since he didn’t 4-bet, I don’t think he has QQ, KK or AA ....

So, if we bet again and again, we’re doing it with the intention of getting 66-88 to fold. Not sure if that represents a large enough % of his range to barrel in this spot.

I’d probably be more inclined to barrel if another overcard came, something like a Q ...

All that said, I’m probably going to check turn with that exact hand on this exact run out. Just not sure we get enough of his hands to fold to make the bluff worthwhile in a 1-3 game.

Tuck