Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

2/5: folded preflop, but hit the set on flop.

tata123 Posts: 11Subscriber
edited April 13 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
2/5. But we agreed straddle UTG pretty much the whole night. Eff: $1800.

One limps to me, I raise to $40 with 10/10.
2 calls (hj, btn)
Straddle raises to $180. (Good player I consider)
Call? I fold because he doesn’t go out of line too much, so hands I beat we’re AK or AQs and I have 2 players behind me) too tight?
Only btn called.

Flop: 7 10 k (2 suits)
Utg bets $250. Btn calls.

Turn: A check/check

River: j
Utg checks, btn bets $500. Utg tanks and calls. Btn wins with QQ.

So 3 questions:
Should I call preflop?
If I did call, should I re-raise on flop?
Based on the river action, what does utg have? I only see AA and KK, not even AK.

Comments

• BartBart Posts: 5,819AdministratorLeadPro
    The straddle’s 3 bet sizing is pretty small. Usually you don’t want to be out of position to the rest of the field but I feel like I would be calling here with 88+, JT-QJs, AJs+ AQos 50/50, KQs, and 4 bet QQ+ and AK because of the players behind you. You certainly are deep enough to purely set mine, but TT is strong enough to call anyway, although it has less value multi-way.

If you called and button calls preflop I would mostly raise the flop vs a cbet into 2 players on a two toned board. If you were closing the action HU you can do more slowplaying but in general I have no problem mostly fastplaying hands where our opponents are repping AK+ in a 3 bet pot. Bart
  • OmegaPT1 Posts: 41Subscriber
    Hi Bart,

Real Quickly- Based on the 15-25-35 rules the hero would need the effective stack to be (140*15) = 2100. Is the reason you state that "you certainly are deep enough to purely set mine" is the reason we expect other villains to call also after our call?

• PokerShaman Posts: 49Subscriber
    There *is* the money that is already in the pot. By my count it is $317.
  • BartBart Posts: 5,819AdministratorLeadPro
    140x 15 is 2100. So that’s our target number. It’s probably a bit closer than I expected then when I first eyed this hand. But TT still is strong enough to call based on hand strength even if we aren’t quite deep enough to make 2100 with the dead money. Bart
  • OmegaPT1 Posts: 41Subscriber
    Thanks for the clarification.