Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

$2/$5 6-way 3bet Pot

ds2uared Posts: 184Subscriber
V1 winning OMC. He plays really face up really well versus our opposition. V2 is big winning regular who tends to lose to me. He is very exploitable but puts in huge bets, sometimes with nothing, sometimes with slowplayed overpairs. Ex. Hero raise BTN. V calls in BB. BB checks down KK all the way. If I had bet at any point, he would have jammed for 140 BBs. He gets away with robbery and gets his value called down pretty well versus our player pool. ...but I have also called him down on his random overbet shoves and he showed me nuffin'.

UTG raises to $20. Hero ($1.3k) UTG+1 3! to $70 A K. MP1 folds. MP2 calls. V1 in HJ ($1.2k) calls. CO folds. V2 on the Button ($1.5k) calls. SB calls. BB folds. UTG calls.

Pot $420. Flop K Q 9 . SB checks. UTG checks. Hero bets??? $175. HJ and Button call.

Pot $945. Turn 9 Hero checks??? HJ checks. Button moves all-in ($1,055 eff.). Hero???

Thoughts?

Tagged:

Comments

• Garland Posts: 96Subscriber
    Pre-flop: Ok

Flop: On this dynamic a board, 6-handed and 3rd to act, I'd prefer a check to see what's going on. You're not getting 3 streets of value and with your specific hand, it seems you're betting more for equity denial vs. trying to get value from a worse hand.

As played, based on the description of button villain, I would plug my nose and make the call.
  • Arenzano Posts: 1,386Subscriber
    This board is going to connect with a lot of pre flop calling ranges. You 3b the tug player immediately behind, and a middle position player cold calls followed by the HJ, Ben, and Sb. The flop should connect with plenty of calling ranges that have both value and draws. I have a hard time betting this flop into five players. Denying equity, as Garland mentions, will be highly improbable, yet your AK does retain its equity.

On the turn when the Btn jams his whole stack, this becomes a math problem and a live read based on your experience with him. Is he really capable of jamming KJ/ KT for 200bb in this spot? Needless to say this is pretty polarizing...
  • alecspade Posts: 21Subscriber
    This shove feels pretty FOS. He surely raises the flop with the straight or two pair since this board is so wet. What 9x can he really have here? It sucks that this is a multi-way hand which people play much more straight-forward in, but it doesn't look like V1 has anything and its unlikely you check the river with a boat hoping to induce a bluff.
  • ds2uared Posts: 184Subscriber
    Arenzano said:
    On the turn when the Btn jams his whole stack, this becomes a math problem and a live read based on your experience with him. Is he really capable of jamming KJ/ KT for 200bb in this spot? Needless to say this is pretty polarizing...
    Totally capable. He could absolutely show up with KJ, KT here. But he also has some 9's in his range. K9s, Q9s, J9s, and T9s he would likely continue with. If I had to take a guess, he continues with all of these hands. He might also have QJs here, knowing HJ likely doesn't have a 9. I don't block either Ace-high flush draw.
  • hustlin Posts: 252Subscriber
    Great turn card for us.

Hard to have many 9's on this board configuration. I mean some combs of Q9s, J9s, and 109s are going to fold the flop. Its just too sticky to be calling w a gutshot on this board. The 2 pair combos will very likely raise the flop for value..

As played snap calling this, looking good. I see a lot of backdoor flushes, Some random Kx with guters for sure, some nut flushes. AK here is top part of your range and good board run out. +EV call here in live.
    by 1fozbo