Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Live cash 1/1

400bb
UTG +1 OPENS 3BB
HERO 3B TO 10BB (67HH)
Sb 4B TO 40BB COVERS HERO
UTG +1 FOLDS
HERO CALLS

FLOP
5810R

SB BETS 55BB
HERO CALLS

Is this line ok ?

Comments

• BartBart Posts: 5,958AdministratorLeadPro
    edited April 15
    What position are you in? In most live games a cold 4 bet from the SB represents AA-QQ sometimes AK. And to this sizing I can just see folding preflop. Maybe call with 56s as it interacts a little better vs that range. On the flop you have a fairly standard call. What was the rest of the hand? bart
  • alecspade Posts: 73Subscriber
    edited April 16
    At this level, I take out AK and QQ to be honest. KK is the absolute bottom of the range. I would just fold preflop, you're not going to flop well enough to make this profitable. As played, you can only call the flop and if he bombs turn and you don't pick up any additional equity will probably have to muck, which is why this hand sucks to play because you got what you wanted and have to fold or just stick it in and hope to catch. Neither are very appealing. There is a small chance he checks back the turn though, so you do have that going for you.
  • weeliitt Posts: 14Member
    Thanks for your comments wasnt sure if we were making a mistake

How deep do we have to be to make this call then or is it always a fold ?

Turn was an 8 and villain shoved

Terry
  • Sonny Posts: 390Subscriber
    The answers that you seek are just a subscription away! I believe if you listen to the FREE "Under the Gun" Podcast here on Crush Live Poker you will find a code for a FREE one month subscription. All the information you're looking for is easily accessable in the Members section of Crush Live Poker, check it out! The subscription will definately win you expodentially more money than the monthly cost.
  • eyehaityou Posts: 292Member
    At 1/1 and 1/2 I play the crap out of SC that deep. Villans call when they shouldn't and fold when they shouldn't. Villan would probably take the same line despite your holdings.
    I fold 67, raise 2P+. You can play perfectly vs his range of AK, QQ+.