Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

5 (More) Fun Hands From The East Coast...Days 2 and 3

Garland Posts: 253Subscriber
edited April 18 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
Visiting the East Coast. Second stop: MGM National Harbor for Days 2 and 3
Stakes $2/$5, $1000 max

Hand 1: $685 effective

Pre-Flop ($7): Competent female UTG player !20 (covers), UTG+1 calls, MP calls ($685), I in CO ($735) 3! $110 with K K. all folds to MP (no real read) who calls.

Flop ($267): J T 4 MP x, I bet $125, MP check-raises $275 (he has $300 more), I ???

Hand 2: $600 Effective

Pre-Flop ($7): : HJ limps $5, I !$25 in CO with A 7, button calls, loose passive BB calls, HJ folds.

Flop ($82): A J 5. BB checks, I check, Button bets $55, BB calls, I call

Turn ($247): A. Check around

River ($247) 2 BB checks, I bet ???

Hand 3: $610 Effective

Pre-Flop ($7): I !20 on button with A 7 and loose passive BB calls.

Flop ($47): A 9 2. xx

Turn ($47): 7 BB bets $25, I !65, BB !165, I ???

Hand 4: $600 Effective

Pre-Flop ($7): 4 limpers to me, I limp CO with A 8, SB completes and BB (seems aggressive) checks

Flop ($35): Q 8 8. Checks to me, I bet $20, folds to BB who raises to $45 folds to me and I call.

Turn ($125): 9. BB checks, I bet $50, BB calls.

River ($225): Q. BB bets $75, I ???

Hand 5: $1200 effective:

Pre-Flop ($12). There is a poster who puts in $5 in addition to the blinds, I am UTG with A K and raise to $25, tight conservative UTG+1 calls, 4 other loose passive field callers including button and BB calls.

Flop ($152): A 4 2 I check??, and it checks around.

Turn ($152): Q. Check to button who bets $70, I call and UTG+1 calls.

River ($362): 8. Check to button who bets $240, I ???

Comments

• alecspade Posts: 69Subscriber
    edited April 19
    Hand 1: $685 effective

Pre-Flop ($7): Competent female UTG player !20 (covers), UTG+1 calls, MP calls ($685), I in CO ($735) 3! $110 with K K. all folds to MP (no real read) who calls.

Flop ($267): J T 4 MP x, I bet $125, MP check-raises $275 (he has $300 more), I ???

Really bad board to pick off the most obvious semi-bluffing hand, but I just don't see someone check-click backing here with any kind of draw or something like AJ. Smells like JTs/44. Hard to imagine them continuing with JTo but live players are bad. I could definitely get behind an exploitative fold here. Would be tough for me in game though as I hate folding.

Hand 2: $600 Effective

Pre-Flop ($7): : HJ limps $5, I !$25 in CO with A 7, button calls, loose passive BB calls, HJ folds.

Flop ($82): A J 5. BB checks, I check, Button bets $55, BB calls, I call

Turn ($247): A. Check around

River ($247) 2 BB checks, I bet ???

I would go super small here, like $50-60. You just have zero bluffs here so you have to make the price too good for them. "Gotta keep ya honest" and hope one of them looks you up with a J.

Hand 3: $610 Effective

Pre-Flop ($7): I !20 on button with A 7 and loose passive BB calls.

Flop ($47): A 9 2. xx

Turn ($47): 7 BB bets $25, I !65, BB !165, I ???

Yikes. LP bet-3! is pretty scary. We do beat a few possible two pair hands but the question becomes how aggro is a typical LP player going to be with say, 97 or A2? In position I call here and play 5th street chicken. Probably intend to fold to a river bet though.

Hand 4: $600 Effective

Pre-Flop ($7): 4 limpers to me, I limp CO with A 8, SB completes and BB (seems aggressive) checks

Flop ($35): Q 8 8. Checks to me, I bet $20, folds to BB who raises to $45 folds to me and I call.

Turn ($125): 9. BB checks, I bet $50, BB calls.

River ($225): Q. BB bets $75, I ???

What the hell kind of line is this from V? I'm so confused. Check-click back, then c/c, lead? Really strange. I guess I fold this because even though front door clubs missed, Is he really just going to donk river this small with missed clubs when we can easily have a Q? And we've kind of repped a Q. I'd dump it.

Hand 5: $1200 effective:

Pre-Flop ($12). There is a poster who puts in $5 in addition to the blinds, I am UTG with A K and raise to $25, tight conservative UTG+1 calls, 4 other loose passive field callers including button and BB calls.

Flop ($152): A 4 2 I check??, and it checks around.

Turn ($152): Q. Check to button who bets $70, I call and UTG+1 calls.

River ($362): 8. Check to button who bets $240, I ???

I wouldn't be checking this flop. Get value from other Aces and flush draws. We can sometimes check with the Kh though.

This feels like a fold. We've severely under-repped our hand but would this guy bet AJ on the river for this sizing? So he's pretty polarized and unfortunately there are a shitload of hands he could be betting for value. Also multiway and we don't close the action.

• CraftBeerWizard Posts: 40Subscriber
    edited April 19
    Hand 1: Tough call, without a read I don't think I'm folding here. Too few hands beat you, and MP can x/r with AJ/KJ/QJ.

Hand 2:. It's face up but bet small for value. $75 or $80 still gives anyone with a Jack 4:1 to call you.

Hand 3: call and see the river, hope it goes check/check.

Hand 4: Fold...zero bluffs here

Hand 5: Agree with Alec. Fold river, bet flop.
  • Garland Posts: 253Subscriber
    Sorry for the delay in results. Playing catch up...

Spoiler:

Hand 1: I opted to go with this and went all-in (I don’t think a call is really an option). I would only fold if I had a spot on read on the villain type. Villain insta-mucked.

Hand 2: I value bet $75 and was snapped called by button. BB folded, and I was good. Felt good about my sizing.

Hand 3: I really thought he was skewed to top two on the turn. I really contemplated a hero fold on turn. I paid off river and was shown A 9.

Hand 4: http://www.crushlivepoker.com/forums/discussion/14340/gross-spot-with-45s#latest. I learned from a hand I played earlier not to make a hero fold on river given the right pot odds and never under estimate the spazz factor. That said, I was shown Q T.

Hand 5: My thought process for flop is against 5 other players, I may not be good. If I bet, I am almost certainly have a strong A and my hand plays face up, so right or wrong, I opted to check for pot control/deception. As played, I folded river. I asked button and he said he had K high-flush, and I believed him. I asked UTG+1 if he had an A, and he said no, he had a set and the turn saved me money. I believe him.