Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Hi, can someone help me with polarized and linear 3 betting ranges?

PlusEEV Posts: 1Subscriber
edited April 23 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
From what I can tell in the video on here, it seems you should 3 bet a polarized range if you're in early position, and 3 bet a linear range in late position(linear late because it's easier to realize your equity being in position, so less risk to 3betting entire range). So if UTG + 1 is raising, and I'm MP1 I should 3 bet the top and bottom of my range (which would look kinda like an UTG open range maybe 10%). So I'd 3bet things like AA KK AKs and 89s T9s and A5s, and flat with everything between, correct?

However, if I'm OTB and the CO raises I would want to 3b linear with my entire range, at some frequency (which my continuing range OTB vs a CO open may look similar to a HJ open range maybe 23%)

Is this right? When it comes to 3betting a linear range, how do I know what frequency to 3bet it?

Also is there 3bet charts anywhere that would be helpful?

Comments

• JredA Posts: 46Subscriber
    I just finished watching Ki's Fast Track Series. I believe the 2.0 series covers this exact question in depth. Go to "Curriculum", the "Fast Track Poker", then "A2.Preflop.2.0".

You should see updated ranges for your exact questions in the video. I found it very helpful and well put together.
  • BartBart Posts: 5,794AdministratorLeadPro
    Take a look at the 3 betting episodes in the fast track curriculum both 1.0 and 2.0 and look for "with charts" in the title. An example is here: http://www.crushlivepoker.com/videos/3betting