Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Call flop bet?

NicholasK Posts: 237Member
*wrong title

So...this is my Tuesday bar 1-1 $20 cap buy in again.

V1: $84 Laggy Native American 65year old alcoholic who was pro 15 years ago but drank/drugged himself out. is very good at picking good bluff spots but is somewhat predictable in bluffing them. The only other player who can betsize correctly. Believes in "tapping into your luck" and "feeling when your luck is in".

V2:$75 same V from http://www.seatopenpoker.net/forum/strategy-discussion/my-little-1-1-tuesday-game-betfold-river/ very loose pre, likes 69 and 58 suited or not. Nearly always bet's small-medium pp pre. I tilted because he's down $80.

Hero:$77 Lost most of my chipstack recently to a suckout, no biggie. Both Vs have become wary of playing with me and though I've lost a pot recently I have a good image with them.

V3:$145 unimportant except that he is extremely loose passive. Has never raised pre, and only bets the absolute nuts, and then underbets. When he's to my left gives it gives me the effective button on the rest of the table.

Pre:
V2 Straddles to $2, I call with 5diamond6diamond, V3 calls, SB calls, V1 raises to $7, V2 calls, I call, V3 folds, SB Folds

Flop:$19 9diamondJdiamond5spade
V1 raises $9, V2 calls, Hero?

*Live read that V1 was weak, no live read on V2

I thought V1 was very wide pre, I've seen this type of raise preflop out of J4 off-suit, he has confidence in aggression/luck taking just about any pot down.

V2 is just as wide. He'd flat on the flop with any underpair, straight draws, bottom pair, 2 overcards and 1/2 of his 9s. Because of the preflop action and the bet on the flop he would have raised 95% of his trips, 2 pair, FD and overpairs (and the other 1/2 of his 9s).

Comments

• Mike Posts: 371Member
    I think the pot on the flop is $25 not 19. Unless they rake it that much which would be insane.

If the pot is 25 OTF its going to be $43 and you will have ~60 after you call the bet so id just ship it in.
  • NicholasK Posts: 237Member
    Mike said

I think the pot on the flop is $25 not 19. Unless they rake it that much which would be insane.

If the pot is 25 OTF its going to be $43 and you will have ~60 after you call the bet so id just ship it in.
    Yeah $25 otf, I've made Wayyyyyy too many mistakes while posting this hand
  • ThatOtherJeremy Posts: 314Member
    Sorry its just the nagging voice inside me that's not sure why you are limping in MP with this kind of hand unless your table is extremely passive. If I wanted to play it from that position, I would just open the pot. This isn't the kind of hand we should want to call off 10% of our stack with.

Im assuming you called to hit this kind of a flop. You did. Now you ship. Flatting here is bad news. If turn is a brick you are never getting better to fold. And you would have dumped 20% of your stack on a crappy hand just to fold it. Your decisions pre-flop warrant an aggressive move here. Its the only way you are going to realize +EV playing weak s/c in this manner. Its a 25% chip up with an extremely high chance of getting through, and good equity versus the expected calling range of our Vs
  • NicholasK Posts: 237Member
    ThatOtherJeremy said

Sorry its just the nagging voice inside me that's not sure why you are limping in MP with this kind of hand unless your table is extremely passive. If I wanted to play it from that position, I would just open the pot. This isn't the kind of hand we should want to call off 10% of our stack with.

Im assuming you called to hit this kind of a flop. You did. Now you ship. Flatting here is bad news. If turn is a brick you are never getting better to fold. And you would have dumped 20% of your stack on a crappy hand just to fold it. Your decisions pre-flop warrant an aggressive move here. Its the only way you are going to realize +EV playing weak s/c in this manner. Its a 25% chip up with an extremely high chance of getting through, and good equity versus the expected calling range of our Vs
    I sometimes raise with my sc, this wasn't one of those times. I was 2nd to last to act but V3 does not use positional advantage or the information it provides so I have this spot as an effective button.
  • ThatOtherJeremy Posts: 314Member
    NicholasK said
    ThatOtherJeremy said

I sometimes raise with my sc, this wasn't one of those times. I was 2nd to last to act but V3 does not use positional advantage or the information it provides so I have this spot as an effective button.
    Fair enough, still a tough cold call to make based on implied odds if we are calling with the intention of attacking the perceived range of the PFR