Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

2/5 flopped NFD on monotone flop

TDF Posts: 1,130Subscriber
Hero(500) opens AclubQdiamondto 25 in MP, BTN(1000) calls, SB(300) calls, BB(1000) calls, 4 way to flop
(100) Kclub8club3club check, check, Hero bets 85, BTN folds, SB folds, BB calls
(270) Qheart BB checks, Hero checks (?)
(270) 2diamond BB bets 135, Hero?

BB experienced, solid player. Plays online MTTs and mostly tourneys live.

Comments

• DavidChan Posts: 1,208Pro
    C-bet smaller on flop.

As played, check/fold river unless you get a live read indicating weakness/bluff.
  • Mike Posts: 371Member
    I like betting the turn.

As played i think just fold since there is really nothing that you beat that would be floating the flop and decide to bet this small on the river as a bluff. I dont imagine he would be betting a hand like Qcj on the river here.
  • TDF Posts: 1,130Subscriber
    Why are you betting turn? For value or as a bluff?
  • LeoSong Posts: 5Member
    TDF said

Bluff.
  • AesahAesah Posts: 1,048Pro
    Unless he had a 100% pure float on the flop 4-ways, he can't actually have bluffs on the river (therefore calling is worst option).
  • JCW Posts: 591Subscriber
    TDF said

Dead money + forcing you opponent into making a mistake.

I can see betting here on the turn. You will get better to fold a lot. One in a while you will also get worst to call. When called you have a nut draw for value on river.

The worst thing is to get raised off your hand.
  • PhulHouze Posts: 200Member
    I agree with David and other posters - smaller flop bet allows you to fire second barrel without committing yourself to the pot. I would have liked to bet something like 65 otf and depending on my read, bet 100 ott on a semi-bluff. You have 13 outs against a king, and if he flopped a flush, it will be easier for you to tell. If he c/rs turn, he almost always has a flush. Many players will actually call turn and check river to trap. If he leads river after you've bet flop and turn, it is also a lot more likely he has the flush. Sucks when you get raised off it, though, so I'd make an individual decision based on the player's tendencies + any live read I get.
  • TDF Posts: 1,130Subscriber
    If you want to bluff this turn, do you bluff any other non club, non Ace turn? I mean should we double barrel here 100%?