Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Interesting spot with KK

Mason00 Posts: 6Subscriber
Blinds are 1/2 and the effective stacks are $600. This game has been pretty passive, with a lot of limping. I would say I have been the most active player at the table, raising a fair amount of hands with position. I have lost some pots to this villain, including a bluff where he picked me off on the river about a half hour earlier.

Hero: K K

3 people limp for $2, I make it $16 from the cutoff. The villain in the hand, in the big blind, calls. Everyone else folds.

Flop: 7 7 7

Villain checks to me, I bet for $30, villain calls.

Turn: 2

Villain checks, I lead out this time for $105. Villain calls fairly quickly.

River: 7

Villain now leads out for $70.

Hero?
Tagged:

Comments

• LatvianMissile Posts: 51Subscriber
    I think V has the A, which sucks. I'm not sure what else he'd bet with here and at 1/2 I don't think anyone leads a bluff when you've show so much strength.However, you're getting 5:1 (70 to win 358) so I'm calling and hoping he's doing something dumb with lower pockets. I could see the small lead being a blocker bet.
    by 1CycleV
  • Garland Posts: 134Subscriber
    I can definitely see him with an A, but for this price, I'm gonna make him show it. He could be making a stab with a counterfeit pocket pair.
    by 2JKH CycleV
  • BennyAdeline Posts: 11Subscriber
    Goofy runout for sure

I’m calling and he’s gonna have to show me that A

One observation: in the lower limits I think in these kinds of situations with a straight, flush, or 4 of a kind on the board...V usually makes a giant “5th street chicken” bet hoping you’ll call. His sizing makes me think it’s a weak attempt at buying the pot unless you think he’s smarter than that and capable of value betting in that spot.

by 1CycleV
  • PokerShaman Posts: 49Subscriber
    Flop bet is too big; the board can't be any more static. I'd bet 1/4 to 1/3 pot.

Would the villain call down two streets with AX? That's what they would have had to have done to beat you here. I think you are likely good here.
  • Latrell1515 Posts: 224Subscriber
    What ACE is he calling with on the turn? Unless he has ACES..