Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Rusty former small stakes tourney player turned 2/5 reg looking for Big 50 crash course

Daddyslap Posts: 46Subscriber
edited May 19 in Tournament Discussion
As the title says, I'm making a weekend out of the Big 50 (My first trip to Vegas!), and I'm hoping fellow subs would be willing to offer some insight into current tourney strategy trends and overall recommendations on strategy for this massive event.

I'm familiar with relatively small bet sizing, down betting, delay cbets, etc. I'm currently planning on utilizing a tighter than normal opening range out of position and an increased BB defend range, but would love to explore these ideas and others more thoroughly with those of you familiar.

Hopefully I'll get to meet a few of you out there as well

Comments

• CycleV Posts: 991Subscriber
    Good luck brother! But you're prob going to have to ask more specific questions, as well as provide more info like what your buy-in range is, bankroll, etc. Are you playing $60 dailies that you can find anywhere or $300+ buy ins like at Venetian?

Most of 2+2 is a cesspool but their Las Vegas Lifestyle sub is one of the more helpful communiites there, for specific questions. Just don't ask, "Where are the best tournaments?" Get specific about what you're looking for and they may be able to help you out.

Heck, you didn't even tell us when you're going to be there. WSOP or outside those dates, that obv makes a world of difference.
  • Daddyslap Posts: 46Subscriber
    Sorry, maybe the title was too long.

I'm playing the Big 50. It's the $5,000,000 guarantee, $1,000,000 to first place WSOP opening tournament. I agree the name of the tournament is absolutely horrible for name recognition.

For someone like me, what are the concepts you'd think I need to know before walking into this tournament?
  • Latrell1515 Posts: 235Subscriber
    http://www.crushlivepoker.com/videos/preparing-for-wsop-2015

Yes a few years old but concepts pretty much stay basically the same..I'd also check out the snap/shove charts when your blinds are less than 30/25
  • CycleV Posts: 991Subscriber
    Ah see, I thought you were turning 50 yourself!
  • fishcake Posts: 952Subscriber
    Run like God. Tournaments are a lottery.