Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

$1-$2 Deep Stack $500 Max Buy In Live Stream From Best Bet Jax 2nd hand JJ's

Latrell1515 Posts: 224Subscriber
Hero in same game as earlier post -had been card dead all over again with Tight Image-$790-Villain $628 had been playing alot of hands and from when I had watched his play from previous streams he was on played like a tournament player.
Villain in HJ raises to $17 and CO $166 calls-Hero on BTN $790 raises to $60 with JsJd
Villain call and CO folds. POT-$137

FLOP 5 2 2 Villain leads $60 on the flop..Hero?

Comments

• Geet Posts: 32Subscriber
    I would raise the donk lead on the flop to something like 180 or 200. A donk lead on this board kind of looks weak to me - a smaller over pair - 66 through 1010 or maybe two overs and flush draw. In either case trying to extract maximum value with the best hand would be a good idea. Lot of turn cards would be bad for us - overcards and spades. Villian's tendency to play lot of hands, preflop open from late position and Heros tight image makes this more of a raise on the flop.

I guess occassionally we may run into QQ but less likely.

• Jonesey Posts: 28Subscriber
    Many more overpairs you beat than beat you. Jacks are tricky. Maybe the toughest NLHE hand. But nothing preflop indicates a hand that beats you. Raise.
  • alecspade Posts: 63Subscriber
    Geet said:
    I would raise the donk lead on the flop to something like 180 or 200. A donk lead on this board kind of looks weak to me - a smaller over pair - 66 through 1010 or maybe two overs and flush draw. In either case trying to extract maximum value with the best hand would be a good idea. Lot of turn cards would be bad for us - overcards and spades. Villian's tendency to play lot of hands, preflop open from late position and Heros tight image makes this more of a raise on the flop.

I guess occasionally we may run into QQ but less likely.

+1
  • Latrell1515 Posts: 224Subscriber
    SO I raised to $170 and he thought about it and shoved..I folded and 15 mins later found out(15 min stream delay) that he had 'Aces' being mostly a tourney player from my earlier description makes sense to slow play a hand like this from this type. I appreciate the feedback