Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

2/5 Orange City QQ shove spot

Daddyslap Posts: 46Subscriber
edited May 25 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
Hero is in CO with QsQd $475 effective.

Villain has been very active in the 45 minutes the table has been open. He's raised flops with top pair mid-kicker type hands and has a vpip of like 60%.

Utg (covers) limps, folds to Hero ($25), SB (Covers, Villian) calls, utg calls.

Flop 10h8h3s. Check, check, Hero $45. Sb raises to $145.

Hero contemplates and decides to shove. I'm thinking a raise is necessary as this board is super wet and V has shown a propensity to get out of line with top pair. Stack size is complicated here (Pot is $360ish and I have $300ish behind), so a jam seems the only non-awkward sizing.

Can I click this back and hope he loses his mind? Am I ever contemplating a fold here?

Thoughts?

Comments

• CycleV Posts: 991Subscriber
    edited May 25
    Shoving is totally fine. Not folding vs this guy ever. It's less than 100BB in a slightly bloated pot. It is what it is.

Shoving turns you hand face up so if you think this guy could possibly bet/fold, then you could flat I suppose, but if you do you can't fold to basically any turn card, no matter how ugly, since you have no idea what he really has. So just gii now.
  • JLBJ Posts: 164Subscriber
    If you feel confident he won’t get away from top pair, then happily get it in. Like Cycle said, your hand is face up when you shove, but that never stops some people from calling with top pair.
  • alecspade Posts: 69Subscriber
    Against this player type, this is a fist pump jam.
  • Latrell1515 Posts: 235Subscriber
    Do we really see players check-raising with just top pair? I dont see much of it-this has flush draw written all over it,not folding and if he has a set so be it