Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Bluffing when we rep nothing

SkinnybrownSkinnybrown Posts: 286Member
edited November -1 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
In 3/5 we can get away with bluffs against non-thinking opponents even when our own hand makes zero sense.

I have gotten away with it a lot but am not sold it is entirely +EV.

For example: Is it profitable to bluff in this spot?

3/5 NL we cover both players and have a great image.

V1 $400: Recreational player. Loose pre flop. Nothing out of the ordinary post flop.

V2 $1,000: Recreational player. Tight pre flop and post flop.

Preflop: Folds to V1 who limps LP, V2 makes it $35 in CO, We call on bu with 77, V1 calls.

Flop $108: AQ4r. Checks thru.

Turn $108: AQ45r. Checks thru.

River $108: AQ4A3. V1 bets $50 and V2 instant calls $50.

If we know V1 is bluffing here a large % of the time and V2 has KK almost always can we bluff here profitably?

Comments

• How do you know that V1 doesnt have an A? And I would not bluff in this spot as I think you are going to get looked up by KK a lot.

Bart
  • SkinnybrownSkinnybrown Posts: 286Member
    Bart said

How do you know that V1 doesnt have an A? And I would not bluff in this spot as I think you are going to get looked up by KK a lot.

Bart
    I knew V1 didn't have an A based off his tendencies and timing on all streets. I ended up checking back and V2 won with KK.
  • Doug Hull Posts: 15Member
    Skinnybrown said

In 3/5 we can get away with bluffs against non-thinking opponents even when our own hand makes zero sense.

If we know V1 is bluffing here a large % of the time and V2 has KK almost always can we bluff here profitably?
    It is not clear to me what the turn card is here (5 or A). Either way,when V2 calls, you are cooked. Done. Fold.

If you believe that V1 is bluffing, raising him has no value. Maybe you can bluff catch if you close the action heads up, but a raise will get called by better and fold out worse. That is the opposite of the reason for betting.
  • SkinnybrownSkinnybrown Posts: 286Member
    DouglasHull said
    Skinnybrown said

It is not clear to me what the turn card is here (5 or A). Either way,when V2 calls, you are cooked. Done. Fold.

If you believe that V1 is bluffing, raising him has no value. Maybe you can bluff catch if you close the action heads up, but a raise will get called by better and fold out worse. That is the opposite of the reason for betting.
    sorry, turn is an A. If V1 is bluffing and V2 is weak raising gets them both to fold and we win with a worse hand v V2.

In a vacuum I think this is def a fold but I honestly feel I may have been able to pull it off in this specific scenario.

Only the Mayans will ever know...