Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Bet sizing when turning top 2 with low SPR

jojacks Posts: 86Subscriber
$1/$3 Hero is effective stack with $275. Villain 1 is MAWG who has lost a few pots in a row and is obviously steaming. Villain 2 is older, but more like a typical rec than OMC.

Villain 2 straddles BTN for $10, Villain 1 makes it $25 from UTG+1, Hero calls with A J from MP2, Villain 2 calls on BTN.

Flop is J 8 5. Villain 1 bets $50, Hero calls, Villain 2 calls.

Turn is A. Villain 1 checks. With $225 in pot and $200 in your stack, what bet sizing do you like and why?
Tagged:

Comments

• hustlin Posts: 308Subscriber
    Half pot, try to get some value from worse here. Shoving seems ok but not the best since the Ax is an action killer in a way.
  • lotto33 Posts: 24Subscriber
    First off you should be 3 betting or folding pre (I would have folded)

Second, just shove, there are enough flush, straight and Ax combos that will call. No reason to get fancy
    by 1CycleV
  • PiggyPiggy Posts: 156Subscriber
    I would fold pre holding AJo facing an EP open. As played, just shove turn. If we bet small (say 100) and get called, are we ever folding a diamond river for our last 100? I want to GII OTT against NFD that turned TP.
    by 1CycleV
  • jojacks Posts: 86Subscriber
    lotto33 said:
    First off you should be 3 betting or folding pre (I would have folded
    Piggy said:
    I would fold pre holding AJo facing an EP open.
    Against a player who has a clue about position and who is constructing his opening ranges correctly, sure. Against a recreational player who is tilting and trying to force the action...not a chance.

• Arenzano Posts: 1,400Subscriber
    Easy 3b for value pre. You have 27bb. Low SPR on flop with top top. You just get the money here. Definitely on the turn.
  • MattM Posts: 39Subscriber
    Ship the A turn. You aren't going to get full value from a J on turn and river anyways, so might as well get it in against combo draws/ ace high flush draw right now. If you bet less and they both call and one of the many draws comes in, are you going to be able to fold the river if you get bet into getting 4 or 5 to 1? Or 8 to 1 if you bet the turn for a larger sizing?