Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Betting w 2nd pr

200 eff 25 game. Co raises to 20. Call. I call otb w kh10c. 2 more callers. Flop is qc10s9s. Chked to me. I bet 55. Everyone folds except guy directly to my right who calls. I would expect a q to bet. He mentions maybe he can suck out on me again (he called my all im earlier w 10 9 not getting 2_1 va my all and won 2 boards). River is 2d. He checks. I go all in for 130. He calls w qhjh. W 6 people in pot of he doesn't bet after pf raiser checks w qj? Scared of getting raised? I don't get his logic. Was my bet on the turn good?

Comments

• jojacks Posts: 87Subscriber
    What are you trying to accomplish by betting here?
  • wildncrazyguywildncrazyguy Posts: 422Subscriber
    jojacks said:
    What are you trying to accomplish by betting here?
    I don't think he has a queen so I'm trying to charge his draws because I think I have the best hand. I thought that was clear

• workinghard Posts: 1,573Subscriber
    his logic is that he had a hand he felt was not good enough to ber, top pair middle kicker, and his draw gave him some protection from needing to worry too much about if he was behind cause he can catch up. not saying it's good logic but that's probably about his reasoning.

my questions is your logical pre calling 20 w 200 eff pre w KTo on the btn. i prefer a fold or hefty 3 bet instead vs a later opener and a caller. probably needs to shove if you just have 200. or else fold
    by 1CycleV
  • MattM Posts: 39Subscriber
    So if I'm reading the correctly you went 6 ways to the flop with the PFR in the cutoff and you on the button. If that's the case then 4 people have unknown hands because they're always checking to the raiser in the cutoff on the flop. 2nd pair good kicker on this board doesn't seem to fair well against 4 unknown hands that are strong enough to call a raise. I would check back the flop. As played I'm not sure because you didn't add what the turn action was.
    by 1CycleV
  • wildncrazyguywildncrazyguy Posts: 422Subscriber
    Mmumford said:
    So if I'm reading the correctly you went 6 ways to the flop with the PFR in the cutoff and you on the button. If that's the case then 4 people have unknown hands because they're always checking to the raiser in the cutoff on the flop. 2nd pair good kicker on this board doesn't seem to fair well against 4 unknown hands that are strong enough to call a raise. I would check back the flop. As played I'm not sure because you didn't add what the turn action was.
    On the turn I went all in- it was heads up on the turn and he checked to me.

If someone doesnt like my thought process tell me why- what im looking for. I see what you're saying mumford everyone naturally checks to the raiser but in this lineup it looked like everyone was weak and there was a lot of donk betting if someone had a queen here. I guess the real question is why did this guy check qj? would you have with a fd on the board? I thought i had the best hand honestly and was charging a draw.

• CycleV Posts: 1,141Subscriber
    wildncrazyguy said:
    If someone doesnt like my thought process tell me why- what im looking for. I see what you're saying mumford everyone naturally checks to the raiser but in this lineup it looked like everyone was weak and there was a lot of donk betting if someone had a queen here. I guess the real question is why did this guy check qj? would you have with a fd on the board? I thought i had the best hand honestly and was charging a draw.

One of my pet peeves is when someone posts a hand, they get some feedback, then they come back with additional reads about the table to contradict everything they were just told. Darn it, give us the reads in the OP! Otherwise we have incomplete information, so there's no way for us to see the hand the way you did, and of course we're going to have a different opinion about it.

On that board if I was you I prob only bet QJ or any 2p+. JTs I would take the freebie since we're never getting a Q to fold. And I'd never show up with AQ/KQ or an overpair here, so QJs or JTs maybe is the worst hand I could have here. Against a guy with 40BB I ain't caling 87s (or T9s for that matter).

It's not just the shortie you should be concerned about, you can easily face a c/r on that board when up against half the table. If you were HU vs the V then your postflop line is fine.

As to what he was thinking, he probably did think he's weak vs your bet into half the table.

And yeah, no one likes to hear this, but fold pre.
  • jojacks Posts: 87Subscriber
    Fold pre-flop. So much of your positional advantage is diminished when the stacks are shallow.

I do think it's a mistake to assume that he doesn't have (m)any Q in his check-call range when 6 people see the flop. This board smashes pre-flop calling ranges, and I could see a lot of players checking KQ or even AQ fearing that someone up front was hoping to check-raise 2-pair+.

That said, there are probably a lot of draws and pair+draws in his check-call range, so even though you're not getting better to fold I can get behind the shove on the turn with your stack.