Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

WSOP dealer quality?

Wtwebster Posts: 38Subscriber
Anybody else heard about poor quality dealing at this year’s WSOP? Bart?

Got a friend dealing who says this is the worst batch he’s seen in 6 years dealing there. And that the pay is less than ever.
Tagged:

Comments

• Latrell1515 Posts: 235Subscriber
    I played there 2 years ago and was in the $1500 HORSE event and it was absolutely painful. I had to go to the floor. When your paying out that type of money you need to have at least competent dealers. Having them do the split games was a complete nightmare and basically 4/5 guys at the table had to help all at once
  • BTPoker Posts: 32Subscriber
    I just got back and I would say it is a mixed bag. Some of the less seasoned dealers that I spoke to were players who wanted the experience of going to WSOP and they actually handled the job and their tables pretty well. Others were just all over the place and couldn't manage a table to save their lives.
  • workinghard Posts: 1,573Subscriber
    I've only dealt w dealers in nl cssh games and that's bad enough. I could barely stomach it. couldn't imagine plo, mixed, or hi lo games
  • BartBart Posts: 5,972AdministratorLeadPro
    edited June 11
    After coming to the WSOP its to be expected. Ive seen guys thrown in the 75-150 O8 game that have never dealt before in their lives. The way to tell if somebody is a real asshole is if they get mad at these dealers. There is nothing to do but help them along as best as you can. Don't get mad at the dealers but more at Caesars itself.

With that being said the WSOP seems to be more of a clusterfuck this year then I can remember in the last 10 years. We literally had to wait one hour to start a 2nd 75 O8 game the other day because the cashier had to take every single persons ID that was buying chips. Each person, to say buy a rack of green ($2500) took at least 5 minutes. So it took our table about 45 minutes to one hour to get the chips to start the game. And the lines for the tournaments seem to be moving very very slow. Slower than usual. I hate lines more than anything in the world.
  • workinghard Posts: 1,573Subscriber
    yah. to be clear I didn't get upset at the dealers themselves and tried to help them as appropriate. but as Bart said, the situation was frustrating. small example, first hand of the big 50, the dealer wanted everyone to ante up. like, how is this process not made more clear
  • hustlin Posts: 311Subscriber
    Out of 10 I would give it a 3-4/10 . Much below what is expected.
    I played both tourney and cash.
    Saw multiple pots being shipped to wrong people in tourneys, Miscounts etc, terrible dealing of the actually cards.

In cash it felt much worse, slow dealers. I saw one lady take 5 minutes to count the tray! It was painful.

There are some good dealers. But the bad far out number them.