Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

5/10 Straight on paired, flush board

ClockClock Posts: 1,106Subscriber
edited June 10 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
V - Asian ~30s, early in the session so no real reads at this point...
~3K+ effective
5 handed.

HERO r with Q J from HJ to 40, BU (fish) c, V in BB c
Flop (130): A K A x x x
Turn (130): T V in BB now leads for 40, HERO raises to 130, BU folds, V thinks and calls...
River (390): J V now bets 260...

HERO?
Tagged:

Comments

• CycleV Posts: 1,096Subscriber
    By raising you hoping he folds not just flushes but underfulls? I usually need to see some evidence someone can do that before trying to bluff here.

Yes your line is entirely credible as a boat, but you'd have to make it over a grand as a bluff. If you raise to 1K it's only 740 for him to win about 1660. SHOULD he look you up? Probably not. But we don't know anything about the guy so not only do we not know what he folds, we really don't even know what his range is here.
  • hustlin Posts: 308Subscriber
    Puke fold river.
    Looks like flush or A10 and AJ boat
  • MattM Posts: 39Subscriber
    I'm not calling to lose most of the time and chop some of the time.
  • JKH Posts: 835Subscriber
    Need to be good 29% of the time.... with no reads it’s close likely a fold as u will chop a bit too ..... never bluffing ..... against a wild fish I might make an exploitative call.

• ClockClock Posts: 1,106Subscriber
    edited June 14
    Spoiler:

HERO folded.
    V showed A and claimed he had A 5

Based on how he played the rest of the session :eek: - I tend to believe him LOL
    I still don't know if he was bluffing or v-betting ..I guess LOL :eek: :???:
  • Superfly Posts: 373Subscriber
    edited June 14
    Fold if he doesn’t seem like some kind of crazy bluff nut. I don’t think decent Vs lead this river for 2/3 pot with a set of As or even a straight. Especially after being check-raised on the turn.